Skimmed Milk

Gardian

Very boring, I know, but my wife says that I've got to ask.

Can't seem to find the equivalent here. She reckons that the demi-ecreme milk is creamier than in the UK, so less than tolerable in her tea / coffee.

And yes, the no milk option doesn't please her either!

It's a dog's life! 

It usually comes in a bottle/carton with a green lid. I have found though that there are a couple of (even large) supermarkets that do not stock it.

I use it all the time as I find the blue topped supposedly semi-skimmed far too creamy especially in tea, though I do like it in the occassional cup of coffee.

Hi

It's confusing because red top milk which is skimmed in the Uk, is full cream in France  and so I use Marvel or coffee whitener in my tea and water the milk down for cooking.. I hate milk anyway never got over the warm sickly sunbaked stuff at school. ugh

Fi

[quote user="Suze"]40 (she says quietly!). I am talking about infants school though.
[/quote]See - I was right!  I'm 41 and I remember those little bottles of milk and orange juice from infants school.  Not as old as my kids think though - one recently asked me if we had electricity when I was their age or did we have gas lights in our house!