Delicious Courgette Recipe

Yes, but I don't think they are very popular in America.  At least not in the regions where I lived.  In this house, we LOVE them.  We like to make the aubergine dip too where you bake the whole eggplant in the oven and then take out the cooked flesh and mix it with some tahini, salt and pepper and voila, you have a nice dip  Yum..

We also like them sliced, dipped in an egg wash, then flour or cornmeal and then baked until crunchy.  Much less fat than the fried ones and still quite good.

Here's a couple of ideas that might be of interest:

Cut raw courgettes into good sized batons (not too small).  Mix together SR flour and lager until you get a coating batter similar to the consistency of thickish but runny double cream.  Dip courgettes in batter and deep fry (yes, I know, but a little of what you fancy ..) until golden.  Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.  Lovley as a starter, with a bowl of crème fraĂ®che for dipping into.  Can do any veg this way and onion rings are particularly good - no need to pre-cook.  Have only just discovered this way of making tempura batter and it's wonderful!  Also good with prawns (cooked or raw)

Pan fry sliced aubergines till you have a decent stack - about three good sized aubergines.  In an ovenproof dish alternate a layer of aubergine, a layer of any chunky tomatoey sauce (I use the Provençal one by Panzinni) and a layer of grated emmental  râpĂ©e.  Repeat the layers and finish by adding a bit of grated parmesan to the top layer of cheese.  Cook in hot oven for about 25-30 mins.

Enjoy!

Lynda M

You can grate courgetts and use them the same as carrots in cake, it makes a loverly moist sponge, the longer you leave it the nicer the sponge gets, and with a cream cheese lemon and icing sugar, icing Mmmmmmmmm[kiss] 

Yes, you can also grate them, add an egg, a touch of flour and some parmesean, salt and pepper and make fritters - the flat kind, not the round kind.  And it is not necessary to use huge vats of oil, you can simply drop tablespoons full onto a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil added.  Brown them, turn them, brown the other side and yumm..