These Curry Kits are fantastic or ill eat my hat

Tim_Quincaillerie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim,

we are going back to Belfast for a week soon and, believe me, I will be paying homage at my fave Indian restaurant there for most of that week. 'The Ganges' in Holywood, if you are ever there go on bended knee as the food is that good!. Oh god, for an Indian meal that I dont have to cook myself...BLISS!

Anton, there is only one Indian Restauraunt in our region and it is bluddy dreadful. Verrrry overpriced and Im sure they are only using bottled curry powder from the supermarket. It dosen't even have that wonderful aroma you get in an Indian place. We ordered a chicken tikka massala and, I swear to you, it consisted only of 3 wings - all bone - and a weird yellowy sauce. I was pregnant at the time and had been dreaming of such things so had been looking forward to the meal. Big disapointment.

I live in Kent within a stone's throw of Indian, Mexican, Thai, Moroccan, Vietnamese and a host of other restaurants.  I am always surprised that in our part of France, and knowing how the French appreciate food I have found almost no forgein food outlets.  My one other gripe is bread.  I love French bread, but I do miss the opportunity to purchase bread from around the world, which is easy in any supermarket here in Kent.

[quote user="Fridgeman"]

Hi All

I think the quality of Indian food in France in poor because there is not enough "British" customers, please if you disagree let me know, if there is enough people in the Vienne region I might consider opening an Indian Restaurant.

[/quote]

More likely due to the lack of Indians to run the restaurants.  [:D]

There is a sizeable Turlish community in Alençon and so there are several kebab houses.

It's a shame that Turkish food doesn't seem to travel. As soon as it leaves Turkey it turns into kebabs. Not even proper Iskender kebab but some unidentifiable meat sliced off the grill thing and served with chips. Oh for some merjimec (sp) soup etc.

As regarding Indian restos those I have found tend to be indo/pakistan restos and do not serve beef or pork due to the religous food laws. There is one in Brive which is pretty good.

Chilli sauce on a kebab!!  Is there anyone out there who has actually experienced Turksh cuisine? It is generally thought that  most euopean food has been 'flavoured' by the cooking of theOtterman Empire. Is it only me who adores proper Turkish food - I admit it is not easy to get outside Istambul as the Turks will modify their offer towards what they think is the requirement of the customer- hence c***