2007 - What will you be eating?

Suninfrance

I don't have a sweet tooth, so I cannot cut down on choccies, sweets or

cakes... I don't eat crisps, not much cheese, love bread though! No excess of anything in particular, but I could be more active, so...

I will not change my food intake, as I know I will not stick to it, but I will do more to burn off the calories...

I will compensate by every naughty 'excess' by  doing something 'worthy':

1 drink at apéro = 1 'deliberate' glass of water

1 more-copious-than-usual meal = 1 extra walk...

The extra exercise should help towards shifting the current unhealthy balance towards the good side!

Does that make sense???

[quote user="Cassis"]That is a frightening new avatar, Dick.  Stop it. 

Ah, I see what you're doing - you're trying to put people off their food.

[/quote]

I am always behind the times so for those of you who have seen it before or don't find it even mildly amusing, sorry.

http://images.google.com/

I will be eating less proper curry, fish and chips and full English for yet another year and I think that is a more than sufficient sacrifice.

BBC 2 is advertising a series “The Truth about Food”. Apparently they put nine volunteers on an ape’s diet with staggering results. A dramatic decrease in cholesterol, blood pressure and weight in just twelve days.

Maybe we can learn something from that ?

The trouble is (referring to the old thread) I don't like fruit.

Hoddy

[quote user="beryl"]

I am always behind the times so for those of you who have seen it before or don't find it even mildly amusing, sorry.

http://images.google.com/

[/quote]

You're besmirching Dick's good name.  [:D]

What are you eating instead of the proper curry - some sort of pretend curry?

I get an English breakfast maybe 6 times a year.  Ooh, it's good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any curry made in France is 'pretend' [:D] . I hadn't had a raisin in a curry since the 1960s Nesta ? packet version .

I love veggies and have to have most of my fruit intake via a fruit salad . I can't eat too much of any one type of fruit so I usually make a bowl of fruit salad ( but I don't refridgerate it in the winter, as I don't like really cold fruit either!) 

[quote user="beryl"]

Any curry made in France is 'pretend' [:D] . I hadn't had a raisin in a curry since the 1960s Nesta ? packet version .

[/quote]

Vesta.

I'd been feeling alright until you reminded me of that. My mother always used to put raisins and sultanas in curries, and probably glacé cherries as well...