Beaujolais Nouveau Est Arrive!

Apero

Third Thursday of November.

Our village goes all out for the celebreations of the new vin. One of the many, many, reasons we have a maison secondaire in this region, I have limited time at our French home, and visit when work allows, my wife is here for many months, we have great friends who help her, and when BN arrives I also arrive,  my beautiful wife experiences more than I; therefore what domaine is your preferance?

To be honest, it is the tradition that always wins the day.

The wine has never really done anything for me but, it is good reason

to go out on that Thursday night. We shall be somewhere, drinking one,

perhaps two glasses of BN and then drinking something slightly more

palateable for the rest of the night [:)]

You never know, it might be a good year, like it was about three years back. The locals will be sure to keep some decent stuff for themselves anyway. I quite agree about the tradition though, and the excuse to go out for a glass or two. Just a pity I will probably miss it this year.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

banana or strawberry flavour 

[/quote]

Hmm perhaps not this year. Glad I took time off to enjoyed the event, and the company of our neighbours for a meal in the evening at 'Chez Apero' What a magnificent day we had.  

Abientot.

It'll be flowing to-night in our village I shall be singing for the event so I will not be drinking.  Don't mind 'cos' I really don't like the stuff. 

It's more of a 'vin primeur' de Gaillac tradition in these parts - Le Payssel and Labarthe being the top favourites.

Is your head hurting this morning Apero?[:)]

I cannot believe how dim I am.  Twinkle told me it was Beauj. night 3rd thurs of Nov in her local PMU.  I did not realise it was a national thing, I honestly thought that it was just a case of the landlord buying a couple of boxes at shoppi to share with the boys because.... well he is a nice man.

Well Twinks, you can share that one with Jean Marc when you are on the mic this evening.

• 1 month later...

[quote user="TWINKLE"] Is your head hurting this morning Apero?[:)][/quote]

Apologies for the late reply Twinks, may I call you that?

No my head was not 'hurting' went down a treat. Had plenty of water to drink before, during and after. The flight the next morning was a bit of a 'head hurting' experience though. Knee deep in ankle biters (children). Don't misunderstand me I love children, got a few of my own, parential control is obvioulsy a little know phenomenon to certain parents visiting Parc Disney.

Enjoyed a Sancerre tonight, mmm lovely.

Regards Apero