Wine ..Do you buy in bulk.. if so what ?

Frederick

I have discovered that our local Cave is doing "Gigondas " a red that I think is great !....so now buying at E1.99 ltr in bulk ....and given the outragous price of it in the UK ....long may the tanker continue to deliver .....Anybody who is living in or near the village of Gigondas..........lucky you !   What good ones have you found in your local Cave  ?

If it really is Gigondas that's amazing. We were there last week and paid about 11€ a bottle straight from the producer. Tesco were doing a very nice one for £5.99 a bottle (half price) recently. Gigondas is an amazing place to visit, along an unmade road up the side of the mountain (there's a less spectacular route too).

I currently have in front of me a glass of Côtes de Rhone from Chusclan, bought in a 5-litre bag-in-box for about the same cost as your bulk Gigondas.

In answer to your question we often buy in bulk from the Touraine region, that being nearest to us. We have a favourite producer who does a very nice Sauvignon blanc and an amazing rosé, made with Pineau d'Aunis grapes.

Seems like we have a bargain Will..........The chalk board hanging on the tank in the Cave shows Rhone ( Superior ) Gigondas ...so I cant imagine him marking it up if it is not ........but no mention of a year .....It was flying out of the place when I got my 15 ltrs  so the word had got round 

I simply had to buy this when I saw it in Intermarche last month.   The bottles are empty now but are bijou candle holders at the homes of the lucky reciepients! [:D]

Obviously it doesn't mean the same in French........

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/moya011/afinevintage.jpg[/IMG]