breadmaking machine

mooky

Can anyone reccommend one? It's only for me so I need one that does a small loaf, and has programmes for other things too. Jam making also. I have may have a bit of difficulty if there are not instructions in english too. I just cannot make bread by hand. Thank you

We have just obtained a Moulinex which is very good. Multilingual instructions include English and recipe book includes various breads,  jams, compote as well as pasta and pizza dough. We are very satisfied with the machine and have used a readymix pack for  multi grain bread (Leclerc) with good results.

• 6 months later...
I've just had a go with making bread by hand and for the first attempt I'm quite pleased.

However, what a messy business ( a bit like childbirth I would imagine). Can someone tell me the name for a breadmaker in France (Boulanger is not the answer I'm looking for, before WB's bro arrives) so that I can have a look on Ebay?

I have a very cheap one , probably what is called "badge engineered" It is fine, makes a 700 or 900 g loaf. The instructions are in French but they are simple. They just give you the ingredients and the sequence in which to put them in. It has 12 different programs including pizza and jam. I would suggest this may be the way to go in case you go off the idea or get bored with it.

[quote user="Benjamin"]I've just had a go with making bread by hand and for the first attempt I'm quite pleased.

However, what a messy business ( a bit like childbirth I would imagine).

[/quote]

Good grief! Whatever ingredients did you use?

[quote user="Benjamin"]I've just had a go with making bread by hand and for the first attempt I'm quite pleased.

However, what a messy business ( a bit like childbirth I would imagine). Can someone tell me the name for a breadmaker in France (Boulanger is not the answer I'm looking for, before WB's bro arrives) so that I can have a look on Ebay?
[/quote]

Hello, I'm randy (sorry about the lack of caps, I'm having trouble with my a 'r's),

Yes, it is a messy business isnt it benjy baby, all that sticky slippery stuff that gets every where and doesnt wipe up.

Well, now that my obnoxious other brother is asleep with the dogs again may I recommend that Panasonic as being by far the best. You dont even need to get your fingers sticky. The best trick is to check the satisfaction ratings on Amazon uk, then you know what is what.

I think Clair may have indicated all this, bless her froggy thighs.

(By the way Benjy, WB died a slow and horrible death some months ago and we are still mourning him. I think your slightly cruel reference was to WBB. I undertsand your confusion and accept your apologies in our hour of pain.)