Italian lemon liqueur

Val_2

I bought a bottle of this Limoncello/Baileys cream style liqueur in Lidl on sat from their Italian week. It is absolutely gorgeous as its made with cream.We poured some over vanilla ice cream last night and its so nice I am off to get another bottle in a minute. Only e€5 bottle

You could make limoncello yourself. 1 litre alcohol plus loads of lemon peel, seal in a jar for a month. Boil 1 litre of water with 300 gm sugar ... sieve lemon peel from alcohol ... and lemon infused alcohol to warm water. Jobs done. Friends in Naples raid my lemon trees and constantly have a vat or two on the go :)

[quote user="woolybanana"]Perhaps we diabetes sufferers should race off to Lidl's too![:D][/quote]

OH is type 2 diabetes and had some last night. Reading on blood test this am is well below the limit. Its not what you eat always, but the quantity as well so a little of what you fancy dosn't do any harm.

[quote user="Val_2"]I bought a bottle of this Limoncello/Baileys cream style liqueur in Lidl on sat from their Italian week. It is absolutely gorgeous as its made with cream.We poured some over vanilla ice cream last night and its so nice I am off to get another bottle in a minute. Only e€5 bottle[/quote]

Val,

Your post reminded me of a bottle of Limoncello at the back of the cupboard, and I had just enough time to make some lemon ice-cream with a tin of evaporated milk and some full-fat home-made yoghurt!