madeleine recipe

mint

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is bad enough that the map of France is all to pot on here, with it's SE's and SW's etc. But the North of England, well, I know where that is.

There were, 6 northern counties when I was at school. Yorkshire, Durham, Northumbria, Lancashire, Cumberland and Wesmorland. And basically, there are no changes  in the south of Lancashire and Yorkshire???? My mother is from the East Midlands, Nottingham with it's 'me ducks'.

So whatever Genulphus says, I know where the North of England is. AND I know where SE France is, only it isn't on here[Www]

• 3 months later...

How to Make Classic French Madeleines

4 oz (1 stick), plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 

2/3 cup white sugar

1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

Pinch of salt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 tablespoon lemon zest

Powdered sugar (optional)

Sweet,

Mr Clair asked if I could bake some for the pause café at his place of work, and I made several batches from various recipes, some more successful than others...

There was the Lorraine Pascale recipe, with wholewheat flour and ground almonds (not bad, but no dome); the beaten egg & sugar without raising agent variation (stuck in the moulds and as flat as a flat pancake) and the go-to recipe, which provided the required accompaniment to Mr Clair's colleagues' hot beverages!

The crumbed failures tasted just fine sprinkled over a fresh fruit salad...

• 3 weeks later...

Clair, I'VE GOT THE HUMP![:D]  No, not upset or cross but........

Mais, oui, managed it at last; the madeleines were nice and bump-ey in the middle!  Well, not all of them, but the majority of them.

I did what you suggested, place the cakes on the top shelf.

I didn't get 36, using your recipe, only 29 but they looked very good and they tasted even better.

Got some friends coming round this evening so I am on stand-by for the compliments![:$]

I am even now preparing my "modest" face......[;-)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Clair, I'VE GOT THE HUMP![:D]  No, not upset or cross but........

Mais, oui, managed it at last; the madeleines were nice and bump-ey in the middle!  Well, not all of them, but the majority of them.

I did what you suggested, place the cakes on the top shelf.

I didn't get 36, using your recipe, only 29 but they looked very good and they tasted even better.

Got some friends coming round this evening so I am on stand-by for the compliments![:$]

I am even now preparing my "modest" face......[;-)][/quote]

Oooh Sweet's got the Hump!

This calls for a celebration!

[:D]

PS: can you post a pic of your "modest" face pls? Just so we can all say we've seen it once... [;-)]