Terminating mobile phone contract from the UK

Judie

Can anyone tell please, whether I can send a letter of termination of my french Orange mobile phone contract from the UK by 'signed for' post. Will it be deemed to be legal or will I have to ask a friend in France to post it for me?

You can write and send a recommended letter using La Poste's website.....

https://lettreenligne.laposte.fr/lregp/accueil.action

You can find draft letters if you search in Google using words like resilier orange mobile.

You can even use a company resilier.com who provide the model letter and will send it electronically for a fee of around 8 Euros.

http://www.resilier.com/

So if you type your letter into La Poste's website it won't be coming from the UK, it will be delivered like all their other electronically produced signed for  letters.

It will also be cheaper, as an international letter with proof of delivery from the UK will cost  at least £7.

[quote user="Judie"]I would still like to know if others have sent recorded delivery termination letters to french companies from the UK which have been accepted.[/quote]

Because it is not "exactly" like a French LRAR, it is easier for the company to ignore it and just say "Sorry, didn't receive it" and carry on taking your money.(I had a communication ignored on those grounds). If you do not want to leave it to chance, go down the route of using La Poste's online submitted version - it works very well.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="AnOther"]

If you do send it from UK ... you need to use International Signed for:

[/quote]

That didn't seem to work too well when my UK credit card company sent me a new card that way. The post lady just put the complete thing in our letter box; so I even received the tear off part that I am supposed to sign and La Poste are supposed to return to the UK.

Sue

I am very unimpressed with the signed for process and if you can I would suggest that you do it in France. We have had problems with other things.

We cancelled our french orange mobile from France including proof of residence in the UK ie a utility bill which they said that they wanted. It worked OK.