Wrong Bike

Bugsy

Thanks for the photo... nice bike!  sadly all is lost on me though. What's a VFH... and why did he ask the BMW riders to leave the room?  sorry... I should just let it go I know... but it's kind of bugging me now...[8-)] [:$] [8-)] should I leave now quietly and without any fuss! [Www]

[quote user="Rose"]

Thanks for the photo... nice bike!  sadly all is lost on me though. What's a VFH... and why did he ask the BMW riders to leave the room?  sorry... I should just let it go I know... but it's kind of bugging me now...[8-)] [:$] [8-)] should I leave now quietly and without any fuss! [Www]

[/quote]

Not at all Rose:

A VFR is a Honda Sports Touring motorcycle.

A GS is a BMW sort of go anywhere motorcycle that usually comes complete with a pipe and slippers. (only joking)

Ian Mcgreggor and Charley Boorman went around the world on two of them (The Long Way Round)

BMW riders sometimes get annoyed when anyone knocks their bikes. (hence, leave the room)

Hope this helps.

Gary.

In the circles where I spent my formative years a GS was a Vespa. [6]

I understand a bit of German and think that if you try and follow the soundtrack rather than the subtitles you will definitely not get it...

Yes, JR, I can confirm that in the soundtrack, Hitler wasn't actually complaining about his motorbike......[8-)]

He told Generals Keitel, Jodl and Burgdorf to stay behind so he could give them a private boll**king about something completely different - connected with the War, rather than bikes...

[;-)]

You'll need that sense of humour after having changed your gearbox three times and emptied the marble out of the ashtray trying to find the groaning noise on your bike - only to find out that it's probably the alternator bearing....[;-)]

I'll try and pop in to see you tomorrow afternoon - make sure you're still breathing after all that laughter......[:P]