Still want a BMW

Bugsy

So some American has a crash on a BMW back in 2005 and the back end gets mangled. If you look at the picture you will see that the bike has suffered a huge impact from the right hand side at the rear.

Do you want me to find a picture of a crashed Triumph from a few years ago in a country far away?

Touchy or what, lighten up Bob, it is only a light-hearted posting.

Though how you can tell that the bike "has suffered a huge impact from the right-hand side at the rear" is beyond me.

Perhaps you'd better not look in HERE then.

[:P][:D]

If you look at the paralever arm and the shaft housing they are almost underneath the exhaust, when they should be on the right hand side of the bike. I look for this sort of thing as I have been involved in many crashed aircraft recoveries in the past.

[quote user="Bob T"]If you look at the paralever arm and the shaft housing they are almost underneath the exhaust, when they should be on the right hand side of the bike. I look for this sort of thing as I have been involved in many crashed aircraft recoveries in the past.
[/quote]

Ah right, so what you're saying then is - this bike was hit by a low flying aircraft?

[8-)]

I cannot fail to agree with that statement!!

I always said to my better half, "if you ever see me looking longingly at a BMW, shoot me", bit like Harleys, I like the engineering, but I just wouldn't want to own one (just personal taste), but that new one, although not walking away with the WSB is SUPERB!!!!

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I cannot fail to agree with that statement!!

I always said to mr better half, "if you ever see me looking longingly at a BMW, shoot me", bit like Harleys, I like the engineering, but I just wouldn't want to own one (just personal taste), but that new one, although not walking away with the WSB is SUPERB!!!!
[/quote]

Please enlighten me with exactly which bit of the engineering of a Hardly Desirable you like?

Personally I would rather like an R69S.

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I cannot fail to agree with that statement!!

I always said to mr better half, "if you ever see me looking longingly at a BMW, shoot me", bit like Harleys, I like the engineering, but I just wouldn't want to own one (just personal taste), but that new one, although not walking away with the WSB is SUPERB!!!!
[/quote]

[quote user="Dog"]

Please enlighten me with exactly which bit of the engineering of a Hardly Desirable you like?

Personally I would rather like an R69S.

[/quote]

On a Harley, well the plough attachment is quite good!! No seriously, it is a Harley really, but the Buell has some natty features (radial brakes, and brilliant packaging), and inside the newer engines (V Rod) they are trying to join the modern world, just not enough for me to want to own one.

Didn't say Buells had a Harley engine! V Rods do and they are trying to come up to date, Buell were/are  part of the Harley empire.

Still wouldn't want to own any of them, although as I say, Buell are really making huge strides...................

It's Show Bike in the Medoc this weekend and, as I write, I can hear the throaty sound of hundreds of Harleys arriving off the Gironde ferry.

Forget a BMW, when my Ernie picks my Premium Bond number, I want a Harley D trike - blue, if possible.

Picked up my 1200GS SE yesterday, well pleased with it [:D]  My 3rd 1200GS. Early ones suffered poor build quality but now they seem as good as any other m/c on the road. I realise this thread is a leg pull but why are motorcyclists so tribal?

[quote user="Devon"]Picked up my 1200GS SE yesterday, well pleased with it [:D]  My 3rd 1200GS. Early ones suffered poor build quality but now they seem as good as any other m/c on the road. I realise this thread is a leg pull but why are motorcyclists so tribal?[/quote]

Devon... you're not the "Devon "I know from UKGSER afer you?

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="Devon"]Picked up my 1200GS SE yesterday, well pleased with it [:D]  My 3rd 1200GS. Early ones suffered poor build quality but now they seem as good as any other m/c on the road. I realise this thread is a leg pull but why are motorcyclists so tribal?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, the very same Devon from UKGSer. I get around [:$] What is your user name on the GS forum Derek?

[quote user="Devon"]

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="Devon"]Picked up my 1200GS SE yesterday, well pleased with it [:D]  My 3rd 1200GS. Early ones suffered poor build quality but now they seem as good as any other m/c on the road. I realise this thread is a leg pull but why are motorcyclists so tribal?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, the very same Devon from UKGSer. I get around [:$] What is your user name on the GS forum Derek?

[/quote]

I thought so...On UKGSer I'm MasterDabber.

Small world. Have you got a place in France?

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="Devon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought so...On UKGSer I'm MasterDabber.

Small world. Have you got a place in France?
[/quote]

It is a small world. I am building a house in the Charente Maritime. Hope to have it finished for next summer. I am over for a month in a couple of weeks, working on my place. Getting a bit old for hard work really but it's great fun.