What to do with old beams?

mandycats

Does anyone know what on earth i can do with a load of very old beams we had to pull out of our barn?  We had 2 large platforms over each side of what was a cow shed and a tall free standing wooden construction (to store more straw bales on i guess).  I was thinking of maybe asking a reclamation yard if they wanted them but i dont know the french!  Can someone help?

If they are good, as in useable, and oak, they have a value. Just advertise them. This really sticks in my throat to say this but the AI forum [:'(] allows adverts.

If not, cut them up into half-metre lengths and use them on your wood burner.

[quote user="mandycats"] I was thinking of maybe asking a reclamation yard if they wanted them but i dont know the french!  Can someone help?[/quote]

If you are in the Haute Vienne, the reclamation yard in Confolens is run by an Englishman [:D]

Thanks for all your replies. Could somone pm me with the phone number of the reclamation yard?  i like the sound of the raised beds and i shall be stalking the garden for somewhere to put one!   How do you go about pricing beams?  i dont wish to be offered 10 euro a piece and find they are worth 100!  I have never had to get rid of anything like this and a couple of the beams are huge handsawn jobs around 1850ish in age, although not in perfect condition  (as you can imagine) it would be nice to find them a proper home.  Could you also enlighten me to AI? sorry i dont know what that is!

Thanks again.