NoiZette is back (Sculpture)

Noizette said she was leaving the Var for the Dordogne, Sarlat la Canéda, at Gorodka.  I was wondering how she was getting on and received an email from her this morning.  She doesn't give me any news, it's probably a formal email sent out to a list of people.  Her atelier looks lovely, I wish I was not so far, maybe one day...

Here's the message I received.  She doesn't know I'm posting it here, so we'll see if she finds it through the traffic on her site :   [geek]

J'organise cette année des stages de sculpture à Sarlat la Canéda, en Dordogne.

et aussi.... réveillon original, dans mon atelier d'artiste à l'orée d'un bois : Noël et Jour de l'An à GORODKA

4  stagiaires maximum par session, hébergement sur place.

tous renseignements à la page http://ballian.arts-sud.com/stages.htm

Noizette

Hello John, you must have been flying about and missed her.  There have been a couple of threads on her.  Originally I happened to see an article about her in a cat magazine (as she also does cat sculptures) and mentioned it in this new section.  Suddenly someone posted saying they were Noizette and we thought it was someone playing around, but it really was her!  She had found us through the traffic on her site.  She was in the Var, but has recently moved to the woods in the Dordogne.

She's a lovely mad, generous, artistic, poetic person   [:)]

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/725618/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/738286/ShowPost.aspx

I also received the e-mail. Funny this, because today I was on a road just on the other side of Sarlat today and noticed a sign for "Gorodka art dans la nature", or something similar. Anyway on my way back out of interest, I followed the direction of the sign but couldn't find it. Perhaps she is just getting set up and doesn't have any other signs at the moment. Will try again in the future.

Noizette had mentioned that she would provide a sculpture course once she arrived and I enquired. However, they are of a more advanced nature than what I need (which is a regular beginners course for 0 experience[:$]). I hope she has settled in well and as John said her atelier looks great.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

WJT, I think Gorodka already existed and Noizette joined them there.  Perhaps they are so much "dans la nature" that they have almost disappeared in it !

You could maybe follow the signs until you get here, I would love to hear about it...

[/quote]

Well, I don't know how I could have missed that! [:-))]

There were no other signs outside the one on the main road. I assume that is a photo of the one here in Dordogne and not Provence. If so, I will try again one day next week.

[quote user="WJT"][quote user="Christine Animal"]

WJT, I think Gorodka already existed and Noizette joined them there.  Perhaps they are so much "dans la nature" that they have almost disappeared in it !

You could maybe follow the signs until you get here, I would love to hear about it...

[/quote]

Well, I don't know how I could have missed that! [:-))]

[/quote]

Dont they have town planning in Dordy?

Yes Gorodka is a reality and i'm not a phantom ! now you can find the way in my page http://ballian.arts-sud.com/stages.htm , at "accès"

WJT, the next time you go near Sarlat-la-Canéda, call me on my portable if you are lost in the forest among pretty chouchous squirrels and hinds ! i'll help you to find Gorodka  and i'll offer you a red wine in my workshop ![:)][8-|]

[quote user="noizette"]

Yes Gorodka is a reality and i'm not a phantom ! now you can find the way in my page http://ballian.arts-sud.com/stages.htm , at "accès"

WJT, the next time you go near Sarlat-la-Canéda, call me on my portable if you are lost in the forest among pretty chouchous squirrels and hinds ! i'll help you to find Gorodka  and i'll offer you a red wine in my workshop ![:)][8-|]

[/quote]

Hi Noizette, as I said, I was driving on the main road just outside of Sarlat when I noticed your sign, it was just out of interest that I took the detour and wanted to just drive by. I certainly wouldn't have just popped in, I am a drive by only type of person.[:)] It is a very kind offer and I may just give you a call one day (in advance of course [geek]). Your lovely workshop and cottage look magical.

Twinkle, I have noticed that but won't mention names. [Www] 

No, no hard feelings, sorry I called you a name. I do at times have what some might say a rush of blood to the head. I think you sound like an OK sort of guy, outside of taking pleasure in killing animals [Www]. Having said that, in spite of, I am very friendly (and very fond of) folks around here, particularly our neighbour farmer and his family that cuts our field for hay that feels as you do. They go that one step further as well and participate in a few practices (for a livelihood mind you) that I personally find abhorrent. But there you go, I doubt I will change everyone around here to my way of thinking but worth a try, hey. [:)]

Chris, to clarify, that was the wrong word because I have the impression that you are really not a hunter of sorts. As to my mind, most hunters take up the sport for pleasure not necessarily to put food on the family table. And the bottom line to hunting for sport again to my mind is the pleasure of the hunt and killing an animal [:(]. So perhaps a bit unfair again on my part.

Also, just to answer a question you have asked me before and I ignored [Www]. I am not a vegetarian, I eat bird and fish (I am so sorry, Chrispp [:$]). I don't eat other meat just out of choice but my husband does eat beef. There you go, now you know everything. [:P]

Well I drove by (or very near) Gorodka today. I had to go to L.Eclerc and decided to go the direction of the Stade just around the corner as noted on Noizette's website. It is only about five minutes away and had signs posted that made it very easy to find coming from that direction. There is a very lovely long drive and before arriving a sign stating that walkers are not allowed and that there is an admittance fee. I wasn't sure if you weren't meant to drive as well so turned around, at this stage you cannot see anything. Perhaps this is how they got around the planning Katie.[:)]

I would be interested in going and will give Noizette a call in the future to see if I could take the tour and see the exhibit. It does look as if it would be amazing.