bill from notaire for buying a house after 5 years

Hello

has anyone any experience of very late invoicesfor house buying? we bought out (very acrimomoniously) our share of the house from another couple in June 2006. We received a bill from the notaire today which dates from a debit on the account from August 2010...he has only just got round to doing his books obviously...or been out playing golf for the last year I expect. At the end of the process in 2006 he actually sent us a cheque for 86euro as we had overpaid. I think (as i'm no not at home) it says Hypothetique for something or other. It's not a lot of money, but it worries me that the process wasn't done properly. Plus it brings back some nasty memories. Could there be any other invoices I might be faced with?

many thanks

[quote user="crazyfrog"]I think (as i'm not at home) it says Hypothetique for something or other. It's not a lot of money, but it worries me that the process wasn't done properly. Plus it brings back some nasty memories. Could there be any other invoices I might be faced with?

[/quote]

Hypothèque is a mortgage or a loan; which could explain a lot. Did anyone have a loan or mortgage on the house which needed to be paid off or 'undone' at the transfer/sale? As it can take time - quite a lot of time - to regularise this in France - UK as well, sometimes!

Sue

[quote user="suein56"]Hypothèque is a mortgage or a loan; which could explain a lot. Did anyone have a loan or mortgage on the house which needed to be paid off or 'undone' at the transfer/sale?
[/quote]

Nope...we didn't have anything like. I don't think the other couple did either, but satan will be putting his ice skates on before I speak to them again.

I'll have to wait until Mr Notaire gets back from holiday (september probably) and ask. I shouldn't really have a moan until I know exactly what's going on i suppose.

I understand how you feel, its a bit uncomfortable not knowing if there is yet another bill going to arrive, I had hospital bills for over 2 1/2 years after a string of operations over a 3 month period, they could not tell me that it was the end of the dossier or that there would not be further ones.

Notaire's fees and disbursements (the latter accounting for 70% or more of the total cost, including taxes and filing fees) have to be estimated as the precise total is not known until all work has been completed and taxes and costs paid. The buyer generally receives a final account, with a refund. I can't quite see what the problem is here - the delay may be for quite legitimate reasons connected to the other parties to the transaction, for example calculating and payment of CGT in the case of a second home.

P-D de R.

[quote user="NormanH"]Could you type exactly what the bill is for, or us there a problem with his handwriting?  If you can someone will know.....
[/quote]

No problem...I'm not at home at the moment, different country altogether, but I will endevour to write it out as soon as I can...it might help a bit.