Where to buy Rangecookers

Gabe

Any body help,

Need advise on buying range cookers in France. We had planned to buy a Rangemaster range cooker in England and bring over with our furniture. Reason being internet prices of £1475 for a model that would cost us £1900 in France, admittedly badged as Falcon, but basically the same cooker, in fact a slightly lesser model. However the warranty issue and servicing decided us against it.

Therefore my question is, are there any internet sites in France, that I should be looking at, that over similar deals as to those available in England ? Alternatively can anybody recommend retailers that offer better prices than the ones I have seen so far.

Thanks

Gabe

We bought a Falcon range cooker from Connexion. I have also seen them at other retailers, but more expensive. Ours is a two oven, five ring, hot plate and grill affair and cost us under €2000, delivery and installation included (although kitchen still a twinkle on OH's eye, so passed on installation).

Warren

Yes I agree with Wozza and followed his advice a few months ago. Bought ours from Connexion and got 400ediscount with a 5 year guarantee, plus they install and check gas supply etc.

I do have trade accounts in UK, so can buy this item at trade price but when you work out the logistics of delivering this weighty item,plus installation etc I would go for a local supplier each time. We ended up with the Falcon Classic and have been very pleased with it.

Regards. 5mins ST.Malo    www.ourinns.org

What about the french equivilent of an aga? We'll be looking for a solid fuel heat store range cooker..... and not to sure where to start, since we're not yet in France. Any advice suggestions? Our initial plans to bring one over have changed after we double checked insurance etc...

[quote user="Ejc"]What about the french equivilent of an aga? We'll be looking for a solid fuel heat store range cooker..... and not to sure where to start, since we're not yet in France. Any advice suggestions? Our initial plans to bring one over have changed after we double checked insurance etc...[/quote]

I believe Falcon is a brand used by the manufacturers of Aga's.

If you mean that you want a solid fuel cooker, then you can get a variety of wood fired stoves here - Godin etc

We've recently bought a rayburn (gas) on ebay in the UK and are converting it to bottled gas. I prefer these to the french cuisinieres....but there are dealers over here doing Esse and the like, look in French News as I've seen adverts there for them, also doing agas and rayburns...sorry can't remember the name of the person doing them but HTH Lisa