Cooker shopping online

mooky

I ordered a cooker online at the beginning of february; and have heard nothing since. The money went from my bank on order day. I cannot seem to track my order, it says it can't br found, and an email has just been returned as not able to send. The 'store' is Multidiscount france, has anyone used it?[:(]

I have not tried them but their website indicate that you can ring them (€0.34/mn).

Was the item in stock when you ordered it?

Have they confirmed the order after you placed it?

If so, have they sent you an order number?

If so, have you tried copy/paste rather than typing it to avoid any error?

Sorry if these seem basic steps you have probably already tried, but it's worth checking everything before thinking the worse [:)]

Re the delivery, they will almost certainly use a parcel delivery service, which will probably need your tel number. From personal experience, they  do not try very hard to find you if they do not have the relevant info at their fingertips...

I have never made a big purchase online in France but I know when I have ordered things it is somewhat of a mystery until it is delivered and in all cases but one I never received a email confirmation or anything.  It is a very different experience to shopping online in the UK.  I know this does not answer your question but may offer you a little comfort.

• 1 month later...
I am  still waiting for my cooker from 1st Feb. I paid for it on that day . I Ordered it from Multidiscount on the web. I made telephone calls to their help line. Oh next week madam! So yesterday I sent a email to them threatening all sorts of horrible things. Today I had a email saying delivery 4 th April; Please be aware if you use them their 10 days to delivery just doesn't seem to be correct. They have been very polite, and I am afraid I wasn't, seemed to work.

[quote user="Cat"]

Whenever I order anything in France over the internet I always, always check for user reviews on sites like Kelkoo, as a lot of the very cheap sellers have a rather haphazard approach to customer service.

This is what they have to say about Multidiscount (and read some of the comments from customers).

http://fr.kelkoo.com/b/a/m_3477723_multidiscount.html

[/quote]

Where on Kelkoo is the list of 'marchands' so I can checkout other sellers websites. I have looked everywhere and cant find it. A search for the seller just brings up all the products.

Thanks - Tony

There is no list Tony.  If you want to buy something that is stocked by several different vendors (a cooker, for example) you need to search for a cooker, and you will then have the option to Comparer les Prix.  This will give you a brief description of the article for sale, with a list below of all the people that stock it.  It is there that you can read reviews and user comments and compare sellers.

If you need a review of a specific seller, I find the best way is just to do a Google search on           review xyz where xyz is the company name.  This will return reviews on Kelkoo and other similar sites, and will work for both UK and French companies.