CRAZY PRICES IN FRANCE

hakunamatata

[quote user="hakunamatata"]Thought I would share my anger with you all. Cost of a hot water bottle in UK £3 cost of a hot water bottle in Intermarche TWELVE EUROS. They are having a laugh! I AM NOT LAUGHING![/quote]

Sorry to tell you Margaret, but I bought a hot water bottle in our local Intermarché for 3€odd in October (pleasantly surprised at the price myself). I'm sure there must also be a difference in quality.

Prices can be fine if you can get stuff when it's on special offer but it's tough when you need something there and then.

[quote user="hakunamatata"]Thought I would share my anger with you all. Cost of a hot water bottle in UK £3 cost of a hot water bottle in Intermarche TWELVE EUROS. They are having a laugh! I AM NOT LAUGHING![/quote]

Cost of a hot water bottle in Boots? £12 and I 'm not joking. I didn't buy it.

Mind you it did have a very nice cover on it, but even so.

That's funny, I just bought one for 4.99€ from Norma, which I thought was rather excessive but my need was great, and urgent, and the bottle was a trendy blue see-through plastic - then I saw another one on sale elsewhere, also for 4.99€ (from the usually quite expensive lorry that comes around on market days once a month). I have yet to see one for twelve euros, and would certainly not buy it, unless it makes tea as well!