Fridges and cookers

Bbrown1664

We are in the process of buying a place at the moment and may need to buy a fridge and cooker on our first visit after getting the keys.

What shops are best for holding stock of things like fridges gas bottle cookers? I don't want to have to order something, I like to take them away with me.

We are in 53 near Mayenne if that helps.

[quote user="Bbrown1664"]What is BUT like?[/quote]

It is a shop (furniture/kitchens/carpets -all rather cheap and cheerful) with white goods. IMV the best thing about them is their 2 year guarantee, as some French outlets only give you one year - although the EU rules say the norm is 2. I have bought a dishwasher from them, and a reasonably good quality sofa bed, and have had no problems with either.

Sue

BUT is fine but you need to check the quality of sofas etc. We had good beds from them (14 years ago! ) and borrowed their van one lunchtime to get the beds to our house.  We bought a new cooker from them a couple of years ago and they were helpful and they delivered it and installed it. However you may find that they wont sell the show room product to you and that they have to order in the item you want to buy.

• 2 weeks later...
I would reccommend cdiscount.  At the moment you can get a bon d'achat ~25% on top of the cheapest price on the web and free warehouse delivery.  As ever with cdiscount it is an online purchase and you need to do exactly as the bon d'achat rules state.  but I dont think you can beat it....