recommendations please for tinted foundation with high SPF

mint

Mint, I’m not into technical terms, what with foundation, BB, CC - bewildering!

Anyway, I use Clinique for Men moisturiser, SPF 21, (SPF 30 when it’s available) all year round, with Clinique Moisture Surge CC, SPF 30 on top when I wear makeup, which isn’t often. Don’t know if that’s of help or not.

We get a lot of sun year round here in the Gard (been a bit of a wash-out early this year so far though, but gorgeous Sunday and today), so got in the habit of using the above wherever we are; my skin’s very fair and my brother has had several skin cancers.

Started on the Men moisturiser to try to get Mr GG into wearing moisturiser and succeeded - smart grey tube helped, as did seeing it in front of him in the bathroom.

Apologies for delay in replying. I have to use total sun block all year round and have experimented with all sorts. I wear a tinted one as without everyone tells me I look ill. By far the best one, in my opinion is by La Roche Posay..factor 50 + tinted fluid. It comes in tinted or white and you can get it from most pharmacists for around 14 euros. It is well worth the money. It seems to last most of the day, isn't too sticky and doesn't clog the skin.

https://www.escentual.com/la-roche-posay/sun-care/face/larocheposay073/

This I like and I believe doesn't contain any nasties. Also I can buy from the pharmacy or on-line via the nuxe website but usually I buy on-line from All Beauty when they're giving a discount!

NUXE SUN Lait Délicieux Haute Protection SPF 30 150ml

23,50 €

Mrs KG

Thank you, Mrs KG. I had a look and like the fact that it is for visage et corps.  Trying to buy things that serve for both and cutting down on all the paraphernalia that so clutter up the dressing table! 

Mint I know what you mean about clutter I've been doing the same and it's also much cheaper to buy one product that covers everything rather than buying separate tubes. If you go down the Nuxe route do be sure to get the 150ml tube as there is a similar product similar price but only 50ml.

Mrs KG

I was puzzled by your question at first, Mint, because I used SPF 50 and rubbed it in. So you mean to say you should leave it to dry on your skin?

I used a strong one because I had a tiny melanoma on my arm a few years ago.

Pat, AFAIK, with most skin products, you are supposed to massage it in until it is all absorbed!

Is the sun in Southend as strong as in the Gers?

Here, in my part of the Dordogne, the sun's only been out properly for a couple of days for what seems like weeks and weeks.  Rain.....now, that's a different matter; has been raining practically everyday and it's tricky trying to work out which is the best day to get the washing done and out on the line!

Mint - Shoeburyness near Southend used to have the most hours of sunshine in the UK. Then you've got the effect of being near the sea, so more easily burnt.

In the Gers there were many summer days that I didn't venture out until the evening. Locals kept their shutters closed to keep the house cool.

I think some of the older sun blocks used to sit on the skin and make you look really pale. The newer stuff is much lighter and more comfortable to use and doesn't make you look like a ghost, and you can rub it in. For general use I use the amber solaire factor 50 for sensitive skin. I've also used the MIXA one, again factor 50 and for sensitive skin. The amber solaire one comes in a bottle with a pump spray. I sometimes use it on my face as well with no problems. Only downside is it isn't tinted.

My husband spent too long in the sun yesterday, 50+ of us spent the day out in a friend’s garden hving a party, but most of us regularly sought shade some didn’t.............. he was fine after a siesta and drinking plenty of water.

Looking in the bathroom cabinet for aftersun, I found one I’d totally forgotten about - Nuxe! He used the Green People one we’d brought down and I took a small amount of the Nuxe one. I didn’t like the smell very much, which is probably why it was almost full. Or the smell could have changed as we’d had it for at least a year. Time to give the bathroom cabinet a clear-out.

A year old[:D] WOW we would consider that fairly 'new'.

I have just binned stuff that had not, I admit been used for ages, but was 15 years out of date.

A year old and I doubt I would have given it a thought.

mint, tinted stuff always smears on me. I don't know what I do wrong with it, but the last lot was Dove and I ended up in a right mess. I have no intention of buying any more Dove, or any other make, so technique is of no importance to me now.[Www]

Id, I love a bit of tint; I fancy it makes me look "healthier"....lol!

No, can't use Dove or Oil of Olay (Ulay) stuff.  Always makes my skin have an adverse reaction.

Before starting this thread, I bought some stuff from Ultrasun.  Swiss made so not cheap but seems effective and pleasant to use.  Also what I bought came in tiny tubes of 25 mls so not much use if you have a lot of body to smear it with!

• 2 months later...
Well stocked for now, thanks, Victoria.

On a slight tangent, if anyone is looking for a shower gel for sensitive skin, I have just found Sanex surgras nourissant and it gives my skin a smooth, cleansed feeling.  It does smell of something (don't know what) but I could forgive it the scent as my skin is not adversely affected by its use.