Fire Retardant Overalls

Funny one this, I know.  This year the ACO have very sensibly asked that all the media in the pit lane wear fire-retardant overalls.  However, they have specified that they cannot bear a logo or other advertising.  I've found Sparo ones after a search but these don't comply to the latter rule.  Anybody know where I could get such a thing?

Is/ are the logos small? Could you unpick them if they were sewn on? I do this with jumpers and clothes I buy where I don't like the attendant logo. If it is a small, manufacturer's logo surely that would not count as advertising? Would the ACO not mean the huge logos by oil companies or the like?

Sue

[quote user="J.R."]The cheapest fire resistant ones are made of Proban, there are lots of protective clothing made from it without costing the silly money of motorsport FIA approval.[/quote]

It's gone midnight and here we are talking about Fire retardent overalls.

It must be the hot weather.

Leo

I worked in F1 and the world rally championship for 7 years, and had to have several sets of overalls (wasn't allowed to use any of the ones I used when I was racing), Sparco will do them, but to order only, Stand 21 (a French company) are the same I think. Look on Demon Tweeks on line cat, or of course, Ebay. If your size 9 foot wise, I may have some race boots somewhere.

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I worked in F1 and the world rally championship for 7 years, and had to have several sets of overalls (wasn't allowed to use any of the ones I used when I was racing), Sparco will do them, but to order only, Stand 21 (a French company) are the same I think. Look on Demon Tweeks on line cat, or of course, Ebay. If your size 9 foot wise, I may have some race boots somewhere.
[/quote]I've got big feet for a girl, but sadly not that big.  Although very many thanks for the offer. 

You've got me intrigued now, what was your connection?  In the old days I was quite an f1 enthusiast but not so much these days.  Although Mr Hamilton is surely inspired so it's been an intriguing season thus far.  And those Beemers look promising - Mr Heidfeld, for whom I have long had great respect - finally has a car he can work with.  

Sports cars are and always have been my first love.  Although my dear old Dad used to marshal on rallys in the old days when the RAC was a true British rally, and navigated on some local ones.

A potted history!!??

Started racing karts at nine, got as far as F3 and ran out of money (or talent!) Motor Museum curator, and writer/researcher, mainly cars, but aeroplanes, space flight, etc etc Was offered a job as technical director with Bernie Ecclestone's Formula One Management. E.g, I went to all the races, watched the telly (well 36 of them) and told the directors and graphics what they should be showing to illustrate what was going on, and the same in WRC. I also made TV doco's about motorsport (still do, writing and presenting, but for DVD for Yesterdays Racers), if it has an engine, I'll have a go!!

Jaybrand do some really good overalls, might be worth checking them out.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Although my dear old Dad used to marshal on rallys in the old days when the RAC was a true British rally, and navigated on some local ones.

[/quote]

I was an RAC timekeeper during the 60's and 70's and did a lot of rallying during that time, marshalling, driving and navigating.  I've still got my old "rally jacket" - a red Texaco motorcycle blouson thing that I thought I looked cool in...   [8-|]. 

It's still got my RAC rally badge on it together with all the dangling "year bars" they used to dish out to the officials (Mrs Sunday had to stitch them to the jacket to prevent them from getting caught up in things).