A certain resentment of Froomey?

Reading this article, do I detect a rather nasty and begrudging attitude towards Froome and Sky? He seems almost resentful that he has been cleared of doping.

The reference to Hinault would suggest perhaps a certain favouritism and more in his attitude.

(I tried to google translate the article but it wouldnt work)

Here is the key paragraph however, in question and answer format:

Is he welcome on the Tour?

I do not know if that's the exact word. In any case, he is allowed to start. At one point there was a verdict, and if it was not the one you were hoping for, it was the one who fell. You must, respect him, and two, in these conditions, Chris Froome was not sanctioned, all the charges against him having been lifted, you must respect him at first, like the other riders. No more no less.

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/cyclisme/tour-de-france/actualites/david-lappartient-au-figaro-froome-relaxe-c-est-totalement-logique-916339

Maybe if people suffer from health problems, they should compete in events more suited to their abilities, rather than relying on artificial methods of improving their performance.

I had asthma when I was young, knew that it was not a good idea to compete in sports needing endurance, so stuck to competing in field events, where I enjoyed moderate success.

High level athletes get asthma because they ae so high

tuned and trained, apparently. Plus, I imagine that racing with all those vehicles around them is not conducive to good breathing.

A good number of cyclists have asthma and use the drug which gave Froome a false result.

On the plus side it's been heartening to read the positive comments (which outweigh the usual knuckle dragging accusations and name-calling by a huge margin) on both Froome and Sky's Instagram feeds. Many from French supporters. So let the doubters doubt and the haters hate and we will see how things pan out from Saturday. There was never going to be a win:win outcome from this. I'll take comfort in hoping that if he can't make it five in a row that the overall winner won't be French. That'll do me.

[quote user="woolybanana"]High level athletes get asthma because they ae so high

tuned and trained, apparently. Plus, I imagine that racing with all those vehicles around them is not conducive to good breathing.

A good number of cyclists have asthma and use the drug which gave Froome a false result.[/quote]And swimmers.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/dec/28/asthma-elite-athletes-study-swimmers-cyclist-eid

I'm no athlete, or cyclist, but take an inhaler, usually only once a day, but then I don't do extreme sport.  If you have never suffered (and mine was semi-late onset, never had a problem as a child, but living in the centre of London brought it on), I can say that only you know when suddenly (increase in irritants, running for a bus etc) you need to take an extra dose.  There is no reason why with proper and controlled treatment asthmatics should not take part in more extreme sports, but given the extended time taken by the Tour, the large number of vehicles having passed just before with the advertising van (yes, I've sent the Tour pass twice, on flat terrain), the extreme effort needed, and the changing climate, it is not at all surprising to me that some cyclists need an extra dose or two during a race. Easy then, depending on when the test is done, to produce a false result.  It doesn't give extra energy, it just allows you to breathe again, as opposed to not being able to breathe at all.

If this continues, and such allowed treatments are disallowed, you will be having cyclists die on the course because of it.  So let's put some sense into all of this.

Well, it's nice to see the French crowd behaving so reasonably at La Roche/s/ Yon tonight at the team presentation. Luckily there are some French cyclists like Romain Bardet who seem to realise what an embarrassment these morons masquerading as sports fans are being.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/chris-froome-and-team-sky-booed-and-jeered-at-tour-de-france-presentation-a3880561.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjDkITj3YjcAhVoKcAKHRl_BOEQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1p27rxQNkakmnfTtol3Z1n&cf=1