Suggstion for seeds please ...

chocccie

Afternoon all

the concrete step outside my window has damage to the two corners where it meets the concrete patio under the living room window (it's prettier than it sounds!) ... I was going to repair the steps outside the kitchen door, but have just had a brain wave - i knew I'd have a good idea eventually.... I'm going dig out the damaged area back to earth, pop some compost in and chuck in a few seeds.

Any suggestions as to what to use, that will give longest coverage/interest throughout the year.  I was thinking of a herb as it's right outside the kitchen, but I'm not short of herbs ...  - it will need to be quite hardy as the dogs and husband will bash it on their way in and out, also don't want something that will put down big roots which will crack the step further .....does anyone have a more adventurous suggestion - I've already had one clever idea today so I'm all done!

It's sooooooo hot! 

Hi Tony.

First of all thanks for the legal info on hedges I did get the PM. 

Next..   plants.  if you are going to brush by it I would choose Lavander, perhaps with aubretia or a scented Thyme underneath.  both good in the heat, not too thirsty also I find they are not plagued by the dreaded green or black fly.

Happy planting