cost of equipment

Nicos

Is it cheaper to buy gardening equipment in France or UK?

I'm off to a car boot sale this weekend to buy some stuff,( hopefully not knicked from someone's shed!!) but wondered if it's cheaper to buy new equipment like wheelbarrows and hosepipes at say B&Q or the French equivalent?? ( which would be.......????)

If it's much the same I'll buy new here and take my old stuff out instead!

Also - are tools such as hammers/screwdrivers/wrenches similar in price??

3 weeks and counting before we move in!!!......[:-))]

Overall, I think you'd end up paying a similar amount if you replaced everything.  Some things are cheaper, some more expensive.  One thing : I'm not mad about a) French spades and shovels (on the whole rather heavy and cumbersome) or b) French hammers - the design is just different and I find it hard to find a good claw hammer here.  Or maybe I just haven't looked in the right places!

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]Wheelbarrows here seem either rubbish or very expensive.
[/quote]

Agreed. Mine came from Wickes, and is brilliant at just under £20.

The only tool I've bought that was cheaper than it's UK equivalent was an SDS drill bought as an end-of-line in Mr Bricolage.

EVERYTHING else has been cheaper at Screwfix. And I don't mean cheap brands, either, Bosch, deWalt etc.

I DO stock up on Srewfix own brand expanding tapes, and "Stanley" knives though. I reckon there are three of each, lost SOMEWHERE on my property[:D] I found a knife on top of a bathroom cabinet, when flooring the rom above, last time I was there.