Tree felling

andyps

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it seems about the most appropriate. We have over 200 mature pine trees on our land in Finistere, but bordering on Mobihan and Cote D'Amour (so basically in 29 but literally bordering 22 and close to 56) which probably should be felled before they fall. Does anyone know who to talk to about getting this done and hopefully selling the wood it will generate - it would be great to make a profit out of it but I have no idea of the value of trees of the cost of the work involved.

Any advice gratefully received!

Hi!

After having talked to the Mairie, contact ( see Pages Jaunes ) any near-by "scierie "and get a quote of what they will pay for the wood.

They may not do it themselves, but can certainly suggest somebody ( if the Mairie has not recommended anybody to you ).ours,

giantpanda

the average price for woodland (at least in Limousin!) is around 1K a hectare. The average value of the wood on it is around 2K a hectare.

Not sure what the price of converting the trees into usable wood is - but I do know I can get a chap to do it (for firewood, 1m lengths) for 70 euros a corde.

HTH

This sound more like ground clearance than felling before they fall !

Unless you are in a rush you might get a better deal if somebody chopped down 40 a year and stored/dried them for firewood for sale.

OTOH I have referred you on to some lumberjack types I know !

[quote user="hoverfrog"]the average price for woodland (at least in Limousin!) is around 1K a hectare. The average value of the wood on it is around 2K a hectare. Not sure what the price of converting the trees into usable wood is - but I do know I can get a chap to do it (for firewood, 1m lengths) for 70 euros a corde. HTH[/quote]

But if it's Pine, then hardly suitable??