BORAGE

hakunamatata

I'll talk to you Margaret, I didn't know the french but my borage is not doing so well at the moment, I put it in a pot to save from the builders who have taken over the veg plot planting cement; its gone a bit straggly and yellow, I drown it every so often in the hope it will stay with me, though I haven't used it yet, the plan was for a little something extra for salad leaves and the flowers, I think trying to make tea with it would stress me out too much![8-|]

Lots please Tony!.  I believe its good as a liquid feed for plants as well, or have I got it mixed up with something else (apart from nettles which dont grow down here)

I asked a question about cactii but nobody answered, that's why I thought nobody wanted to talk to me but I suppose everybody is too busy in their gardens or, like us, sweating quietly over a glass or two!!

Hi Tony, I presume that Mammalerias are ok outside.  I have a bed at the front which is difficult to reach with the watering system so I came up with the idea of having a cactii bed.  I picked up (painfully) a prickly pear about six months ago, only a small bit and it is growing like mad! I was surprised because I always imagined any form of cactus as being very slow growing and we are at the age now when we cant wait 20 years!