Cost of tap water

nick16

Can anyone let me know the cost of water. I have looked at my water bills, but it doesn't help.

I don't mind the answer per litre, per 100 litres or per 1000 litres- just not cubic litres or anything complicated.

Considering extending the water reservoir using our well and want to know when it comes economical.

Thanks.

Prices varies between areas but in my own particular case each m3 (1000 lt) costs €1.1. We are on a fosse but if we were on mains that would almost triple as they add the same amount again for sewage and then a bit on top of that.

Considering extending the water reservoir using our well and want to know when it comes economical.

Surely if you have a well the water is free? mine is, so I use the well to water the garden,wash the car etc. all I pay for is the electricity for the pump. The only water we pay for is the stuff that comes out of the taps.

If you look at your water bill you may find there are separate charges for water supply and "assaissonment" - treating sewage. The assumption is that any water you draw from your tap will pass into the sewers and need to be treated. So it makes sense to use your well water as far as possible for all non-personal needs.

Thanks for the replies. Although we do have the well, it is fed by an underwater stream, and I have in the past emptied the well if I run the pump for too long. Hence my thoughts as to purchasing water reservoirs to save water for the drier spells.