replacement sit-on mower belts

Department71

I use bearingboys, helpful people.

A note on mower belts, in an attempt to fleece the mower owners, manufacturers often use awkward sizes (John Deere 142 1/2" ) that are produced exclusively for the mower market and sold only through dealer networks at vastly inflated prices so it's worth noting if your machine has enough adjustment to use a slightly small or larger standard belt. I changed the pulley on mine which saved £50 on the price of the belt for a £20 outlay on a new pulley.

A few years ago I needed a spare belt for the mower whilst in France, yes it broke. We went to the place where we purchased the mower (BricoMarche) and asked about a belt, they ordered one for us, when we went back to collect it the price given was lets say expensive for a belt, we declined their offer and left the shop. For a while we used a firm in Kent, Medway Power Transmission.  But for this year I looked around a bit.

Just been  on each of the sites given above by Dave/Olive and Jay and put a dummy order in for 2 belts.

Jays--- Bearing Boy £70.42 inc post and vat         ............Marksman £75.96 inc post and vat

Dave/Olive  Bearing Boy again £75.96

I paid £60.73 for the two belts inc post and vat they were delivered the next day via Royal  Mail. Quality of the belts is A1, actually made by Medway.

The firm we used is Usbagricultural supplies Based in Basildon, they use Ebay as an outlet for their goods. As I wanted two belts I emailed them about combining the postage, they replied, e-mail us direct and we'll give you a good price.  Items were paid via Paypal.

Their phone number 01268 449364       [email protected]

Steve

PS I have no connection with them.