Moles

woolybanana

Up to now I have tried to limit their intrusions But after three years, when I was away, they made a right soddin mess. So, now it is traps. I put the first in two days ago and bingo, one mole less. But the question is how many brothers, sisters, offspring, cousins uncles and aunties remain.

We shall see tomorrow if there are any new eruptions. If so, back to war!

You are not saying in which part of your gardens these creatures are causing chaos.

If it is in a vegetable patch, plant caper trees. My uncle planted some near to where moles caused havoc.

....... You will notice that I said "caused" ...... They do not like the tree's system of roots.

Cross fingers guys and implore allahs help, so far no mole return. I did give him or her years to rubber off, offered bribes to go next door, said I would get rid of little hunting dog who was blordy useless but moley would not go, so the dreaded trap went in. The result was a very beautiful but very dead mole. Sad but necessary.

A well known method this

Why not try it, nobody would notice. They would just think it was another 'relaxed as a rat' chasseur

BUT, if you just leave them alone they will dig their tunnels until they have their territory and then stop. Plus, they will fight any other mole who tries to muscle in. You have some damage to start with, but after it has settled then you are assured of no further problem, until the beautiful little hard done by cuddly mole pops its clogs and another one takes over [:(]

So your best bet is to look after the one you have so that he/she doesn't get popped init [I]

If all that doesn't work then just take thier shovel away [8-|]

ericd, just clarifying :-) It's a bit like saying that tomatoes grow on trees, or that banana plants are trees,

(they're big, herbaceous perennials). The RHS definition of a tree is a single, or multi-stemmed, deciduous or evergreen, woody plant with a clear trunk and a crown of branches. A shrub is a multi-stemmed, twiggy, deciduous or evergreen 'bush'. You can turn either into the other, but that's their natural definition. Plant 'families' can contain examples of both. But as an easily recognised description goes, you couldn't really describe Capparis as a tree. I won't tell you what I describe it as when I get hooked up on it ;-)