At last we have our epis!!

water rat

Hi and congratulations,

Firstly I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I cannot find anything.

How did you find the whole process of getting registered etc. with Gite de France. Was it fairly painless?

We are considering going down that route with our B&B but wondered what we may be letting ourselves in for!

Thanks

Juley and Paul

We have been trading as a CDH since 2004 and business was building gradually with just word of mouth and the local tourist office,but last summer was a disaster !

Our friends who have a CDH in the Creuse 23, our neighbouring dept  said how easy it had been to join GDF and recommended we at least try. We live in the Indre 36 and I must say ,we seemed to have to jump through many more hoops! But it has been totally worth it.

If you want the french to stay, I don't think you have a choice as it's their bible and they seem to like holidaying in their own country.We liive in a lush and green area and were surprised to get many southerners and westerners who were escaping to the country to get away from the tourists. We're also about 4 hours from Paris and they love to take short breaks here.

So, I don't think you'd lose anything by trying,but I think it depends on which dept you're in. Perhaps in a popular area they have enough accommodation and it would be harder,but give it a go!!

Bon Courage

W Rat

Congratulations Water Rat and well deserved, your house looks wonderful and very 'cosy' too. We got our 3 epis yesterday too and we're very pleased with that as well (we might go for 4 epis eventually but I'm not sure I want to jump through hoops to get them and I'm not sure if it is really worth it). I have no idea if GdF brings more guests (I have my doubts) but we needed them to get our grant and I suppose they can be useful to get advice (they are also nice people here in the 66). Anyway all the best.