New Table d'Hotê regs?

Hi to everyone am new but have been lurking for a while, anyway have a question.

Recently went away to Charente Maritime for a couple of days, the B&B booked back in May and an evening meal booked for the first night. All went,  fine meal served, loverly then we got chatting about how they had only cooked us our meal as it had been booked so far in advance as since around july they had been advised that as of august any body running a B&B and offering TdH had to attend a course coverering  the dangers of alcohol abuse, drug taking and noise nuisance! and all for the paltry sum of 750.00€ HT, as you can imagine my hosts (french) were incensed just one more way to kill small businesses. So as they only have 2 bedrooms they are now not going to do eve meals, as she said only time will tell if bookings are down.

So has any one else heard about this or is it just dept 17 at the moment?

Karen

Hi Frenchmama

yes, I have heard that some of the rules and regs for CdH and TdH have changed. I saw a posting somewhere where someone said she had had to do a course in Paris on hygene - cost 800€. As far as I can remember, she only did B&B. She seemed to think that if you had been doing it for more than 3 years, you would be exempt.

I have been unable to find any credible info on this despite various on-line searches. No point in asking our local Mairie - they'd be the last to know !!!!

Have to say I was a bit alarmed by this (I wouldn't normally miss something so important) so this afternoon I have contacted Clevacances, Gite de France (both at Carcassonne) and the regional Tourist Office (again in Carcassonne) and none of them are aware of any new regulations regarding this issue (TDH etc).

I read on thefranceforum (aka Roseland) that someone - in the Auvergne, I think - was required to go on the course when registering the business or applying for the licence and she did attend. As with most things, some departments are probably ahead of others with implementing / applying the new regulations. Or even newly mis-interpreting existing regulations. [;-)]

Edited to add:

Here you go: this is the thread.

http://www.thefranceforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4489&p=50725&hilit=breakfast#p50725

[quote user="cassis"]Required for hotels, restaurant, bars.  No mention of tables/chambres d'hôtes unless I missed it in skimming through.
[/quote]

No you havn't missed anything. I have just spent some time reading it very carefully and it does NOT include CDH.

If you read the thread on the link http://www.thefranceforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4489 Gites-de-France (Auvergne) said the course needed to be done. However, as I said earlier, it is probably misinterpretation of the regulation by one departement or region. It wouldn't be the first time that something was interpreted differently - and mistakenly - depending where you are. The CMU health issue interpretations various of 2 years ago proved that.

Well it would seem that somebody in either the CG or regional has read these and  interpreted them in a way to make a few extra euros for the region/dept and doesn't care about any potential harm to the small business community in what must be one of the busiest depts in france during the summer.

Karen