Found the house... now what to call it !!!

Louise

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://lifeincharente.blogspot.com/2011/08/exideuil.html

Totally (well almost) off topic but I was just searching the history of the village and I came along this blog..... The pictures of the roses and the little doors are on my house. I was reading all the comments and all the people were intrigued by the little doors..... I tried to reply but I dont have an account. I wanted to shout.... They are my doors [:D] and p.s if you want to see them for yourself, please feel free to come and stay at my B&B [:D]

[:)]

[quote user="Louise"]

Mmmmm...maybe not then... sounds nice in french but not sure it sounds so good in english !! Can anyone think of any other words that sound "nice" ?

[/quote]

Not a happy skylark, I am a pretty bird with a nice name in both languages, Asterix wears my wings on his helmet and Alouette is the local Vendée radio station.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alouette_(oiseau)

I just looked up th nursery rhyme and it is about plucking feathers from the skylark..... not quite right for a B&B

Thanks Angela... Yes I did but it said i had to have an ID ???? I would have said that the roses were ours as well but my boyfriend has just informed me that he dug them up when he weeded !!! I knew he had cut them back but didnt know he had taken them out, I can always plant some more I guess

So...if everyone's intrigued by the little doors...why not call it "les Petites Portes"?

We've ended up with a house "name" we don't want...and one day when I'm galvanised into action I'll remove it. Our house has a number, but the previous occupants were given some tiles from Tunisia or Morocco with the husband's name on them, so they stuck them to the outside wall. Regrettably, we now have to live with that legacy and with the fact that people think our house is called "Diego"[:D]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]So...if everyone's intrigued by the little doors...why not call it "les Petites Portes"?

[/quote]

I thought that too - very pretty little doors! You could have a picture of them on your website, business cards etc. You'd need to make it clear that your house doors are normal size though - otherwise tall people would avoid your place! [:D]

[quote user="Louise"]

I would have said that the roses were ours as well but my boyfriend has just informed me that he dug them up when he weeded !!! I knew he had cut them back but didnt know he had taken them out, I can always plant some more I guess[/quote]

Well as Catalpa and I said, Pierre de Ronsard would be a wonderful choice[:D]  http://www.rose-gardening-made-easy.com/pierre-de-ronsard-rose.html