Five Star Luxury Break Wanted

Chief

Hi

I am wanting to take my wife on a luxury short (5 day) break to France in February 2007 (Son away on school trip for week)....yes!!!  Will consider anywhere within 300 miles of a ferry port or eurotunnel.  Travelling by car.  Please note, i want a luxury break for her, fine food and wines either on premises or nearby, quality accommodation, excellent service, i want her to feel special.  If you can provide please email location, details and costs to [email protected]

cheers

Chief, you are my kinda man! I'm making sure my guy sees your post if only for inspiration...he needs it. You wife is a lucky gal. Hope you both have a brilliant week way!!. If it were me, for five star luxury, I'd go for a weekend at the George V Paris.

'Chief' ........

Don't want to be a killjoy, but Feb in France (unless you're skiing), mightn't be the best time or place. Certainly cold down here and probably not much better up-North.  Besides, most 'classy' establishments will still be closed for the Winter.

For me, if it has to be Feb, think about Lisbon. Nice place: climate good at that time of the year, good hotels, reasonable, not too 'just like any other European capital'.

If it has to be France, it must be Paris or the Cote d'Azur - others will have better info than me.  

I think Chateau de Chissay in the Loire is worth a mention.  I have stayed there twice (not recently though).  It was always our habit to make our leaving France that bit easier by allowing ourselves the luxury of one night, usually our last but one, in a chateau.  This is just one of many we stayed at and probably the best.  If you look on their web site at www.chateaudechissay.com you can have a look around the courtyard and you are close to lots of beautiful chateaux to visit, most are open all year even if the opening hours are restricted. 

I also agree with other poster that Paris is good all year round with lots and lots to see and do.  I think in February Paris would be my choice.  My birthday is in Feb and I spent my 40'something there.

I have no connection with C de Chissay.

Hi !  I surprised my OH with a few days in Paris for his birthday last February.  We had a fabulous, memorable time.  We have been there several times before in warmer weather but apart from winter woollies it was still a romantic time.  If you want romance where better ? [:D]