Problems with the new French Connections website

Deby

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the new site?

When we try to find ourselves using the date search criteria, we simply do not appear.  I have also tried to find a few other properties I know which exist on their site and I cannot find those either, so you may wish to check this feature.

Criteria which I  use would be

Poitou Charente>Charente Maritime>Self Catering>No of Occupants>Price>Arrival Date>Departure Date

One point to mention there is a confusion which FC may need to address. 

When a potential customer keys in their arrival and departure date, eg. Arriving on Sat 13 Aug Departing Sat 20 there appeares to be a problem as the availability calendar functions on a Saturday to Friday basis. The customer needs to be put in Sat 13 to Friday 19, but the first page prompts departure day and the customer will probably put in 20th, not a problem if you dont have that week booked but if you have your availability would not show.

I know the above sounds convulated but this is difficult to explain, I suggest you go and try your own sites existence and check some of the features involving search criteria.

Let me know if you are having problems and certainly inform the FC HelpDesk or contact them by phone.

Deby

I've just been on FC and did a search for periods i'm available on. the result was that no properties are available. i have informed fc so hopefully this will get sorted.

I'm not to keen on their new format and agree with your comments of the sat to sat searches.

i have found that the service from fc has over the last yr or so become very slow.

Deby and Mikey,

we too have had similar problems and so have friends of ours. We have e-mailed F/Cs about earlier problems which they have put right and the availability now seems to be "problem of the week!" so have e-mailed again.

As it's the start of the new year this is not a good time to be out of the picture, so to speak. Let's hope the glitches are soon sorted.

Gill

And me! We're even receiving queries from potential customers saying "what exactly are your arrival/changeover dates because we can't make out if it's Friday or Saturday?". As we've been in France till yesterday, I've really only just noticed the problem, so thanks to you all for alerting me that I need to contact FC!

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deby

We had noticed that we were getting far fewer enquiries and I also discovered our property had disappeared. They claim it was because they had made a mistake in not registering our renewal payment and that it had only been off for a few days.

I have tried the Sat to Sat booking search and it doesn't appear to be a problem for us. We do have a problem over searching on numbers as we can do any number of combinations up to 32 in 4 properties but it only allows searching on the number which a single property will take. They have yet to deal with this query.

I also have mixed feelings about the new site. It looks better and we used to have lots of enquiried for periods when we were booked up. However, at least that allows compilation a database of "warm" contacts for possible future marketing.

I do think they chose a ridiculous time of year to make the changes as it's one of the busiest periods for bookings.

FR