Do you mind viewers?

ali-cat

My husband, the 3 cats & I are moving over to the Charente/Dordogne area, about May or June time, but will be renting for at least the first 4-6 months.  Because this will be our "home" for a while I would really like to see some places before we book or arrange anything.  Do you - as gite & rentable house owners - mind if potential residents come to see your properties before making reservations?

Facilities & accommodation are important, but because of the cats, location is especially important to me. I need to be sure properties aren't on main roads etc. & it's not easy to know this by just looking at a web site.    Please let me know if you would object, or not mind, if someone wanted to view your property.  I don't want to start e-mailing & annoying any owners or sound insulting by saying I would like to see the property first.

Many thanks

you can come and look.. and taste...    any time you want! we are just now reopening our Pizza Club for Easter, so you can join the big table and share the experience with many Brits living on the area... (we are exactly in the border Dordogne/Charante).

but you will have problems finding a gite to rent for a few months in summer.. unless you are prepared to pay the equivalent of high season rentals...

If I can follow up on my query about viewing accommodation before renting it - how would owners feel if "tenants"offered to maintain or update (to your own specifications) your property?  Have you ever had offers of help around your properties, during long term winter rents?  My husband is excellent at decorating & house maintainence & would be happy to help out with any work needed.  I would be able to send photos & details of our house, so owners can see the standard!!

[:D]

ive got a 2  bed  house style gite ,part of a large barn conversion,we are situated just outside a village near chalais south cherente about 10 miles from the dordogne,pm me if you would like to know anything else,and we dont mind you coming to look