Gites in Vendee.

EnglishBadger

I'd assume 12 weeks for a business plan and work sensitivities down to

six weeks (i.e. school hols) and up to 20. Very few holiday makers seem

to visit the Vendée from mid October to end March (and once you've

spent a winter here you will see why!) though you might get house

hunters or the odd fugative from justice / author looking for a quite

life over this period.

It is, unfortunately, a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" situation to which a clear, accurate answer is impossible.

We've been operational three years and I'd say 12-14 weeks would be the most you could expect unless you could find some kind of niche marketing to attract other than the VAST majority of Vendeé holidaymakers i.e. families with kids looking for sand, sea, sun. If you get two or three weeks outside of June to September you will be very lucky.

A little obvious but

First it depends where you advertise.

Second is presentation on your advert, your primary picture of your place is the main thing you should focus on.

Having done this right don't see why you shouldn't have at least 16 weeks with maybe house hunters outside peak season.

Lee

[:)]No we never left our final decision to just 6 replies on her, we are not muppets....... We seriously looked at buying an existing gite complex that needed updating but for us to survive we would have needed what seems an unrealistic amount of lettings, which to be honest we did kinda guess but did not want to believe because we really wanted to do it but now we have decided to live in Brittany.............[:)]

No, we have bought  a place and we are going to live off the interest off our savings and pursue our hobbies for a while and do up the place we have bought. Then we will see how we feel in a couple of years if we are bored etc but the idea of the gites does appeal. Not for making money, cos we know that does not happen (well not a fortune anyway) but enough to survive etc.

Who knows where our road will take us.............

Yes it does sound like a great idea and our friends tell us so but in reality, when you sit back and think about it, it could be quite boring as we are both worked all our lives, we could easily get bored and have no sense of living but hey, we are in a very lucky position to try it and were going to........ The cottage we are buying and the area we are moving to are what dreams are made of to us......

CAN YOU REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.......... I RAISE MY GLASS TO FINDING OUT.......

[quote user="EnglishBadger"]

Yes it does sound like a great idea and our friends tell us so but in reality, when you sit back and think about it, it could be quite boring as we are both worked all our lives, we could easily get bored and have no sense of living but hey, we are in a very lucky position to try it and were going to........ The cottage we are buying and the area we are moving to are what dreams are made of to us......

CAN YOU REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.......... I RAISE MY GLASS TO FINDING OUT.......

[/quote]

Good luck to you, but I wouldn't worry about being bored. Everyone who retires seems to wonder when they ever had the time to go to work!