Not with a ten foot pole

Sisneme

OK, no naming and shaming allowed so I shall use very measured terms.

Tenants of friends of mine have just done a moonlit flit owing three months' rent and leaving various other unpaid debts. They bailiff had been consulted, but now they've left the property there's not much point throwing good money after bad.

The trouble is that we have since discovered that these people have a history of doing precisely this: running up debts and then moving on - first in the UK, now in France. They have got away with it so far because no one thinks it worth their while to get involved in a costly legal procedure.

So if you happen to notice a W reg British car with a tax disk that ran out on Nov. 30th (PM me for me details) in your village, or on the local supermarket car park, you would be doing a public service if you let us know precisely where.

You could, of course, also point it out to the boys in blue!  These folks have been in France long enough for them to  be required to register at the prefecture - previous addresses also on request.

I think a bit more info would be OK as long as theirreal names aren't mentioned. How about area,size of family,pets in tow if any,type of vehicle,ages roughly etc of them all. Even the initial of their suname would help people to avoid them. The more varied info the better and perhaps they will clear off back to the UK eventually as they are obviously the sort of people not wanted here,scrounging off hard working others.