Trip Advisor and an unhappy owner...

Rose

Hello - not sure if you remember the thread about gites a while back where I posted some photos of a gite we stayed in?

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/4/1781951/ShowPost.aspx#1781951

Having written and complained to the travel company about their mis-information about the property and with still with no response...I decided that I would put my photo's on trip advisor.  I was/am really concerned that others will part with a great deal of money and find themselves in the same situation as ourselves and wanted to do something.

I have today had a very unpleasant email from the owner of the property, sent via trip advisor, making some unpleasant accusations about us and damage we left at the property and basically saying what a horrible family we are and that we should be ashamed of our lies.  My review was very minimal as I let the photos do the talking and we certainly left no damage at all... infact the gite was cleaner when we left than when we arrived.

What should we do... ignore it?

thanks pickles - I've checked the rental site again today and they have made no changes to the description...

they descibe the gite as...Peacefully located in a sleepy and pretty village, this delightful detached holiday villa has been tastefully furnished and is well-equipped and they show a photo of a wonderful detached Mas... the photo is of the hotel and not the gite... and gite is attached to a house which does not belong to the gite or the hotel.  They also how photos of a wonderfully furnished property which, whilst is the same gite, it looks nothing like the property that we arrived at.

I just feel that given the very high rental costs, other holiday-makers will arrive expecting a wonderful property and be as dissappointed as we were.  The booking company just ignore my emails...  and now the owner has decided to make the situation worse by sending us such a nasty email... but I think you're right, we should just ignore it and see if she stops. [:(]

Open Trip Advisor, click on the Hotels tab (top LHS), type in the name of the town you want to visit, tick the "leave dates blank" box, click on find hotels.

For each hotel there will be a link that reads "View all reviews".  Click it [:)]

[quote user="Rose"]

thanks pickles - I've checked the rental site again today and they have made no changes to the description...

they descibe the gite as...Peacefully located in a sleepy and pretty village, this delightful detached holiday villa has been tastefully furnished and is well-equipped and they show a photo of a wonderful detached Mas... the photo is of the hotel and not the gite... and gite is attached to a house which does not belong to the gite or the hotel.  They also how photos of a wonderfully furnished property which, whilst is the same gite, it looks nothing like the property that we arrived at.

I just feel that given the very high rental costs, other holiday-makers will arrive expecting a wonderful property and be as dissappointed as we were.  The booking company just ignore my emails...  and now the owner has decided to make the situation worse by sending us such a nasty email... but I think you're right, we should just ignore it and see if she stops. [:(]

[/quote]

The owner has the right to respond on Trip Advisor. Just ignore their emails to you. Trip Advisor has it's limitations, but at least it allows the owner the right to respond to criticism it they feel it is unfair - if they can't be bothered to do this it is their problem, not yours.