I don't know if this is relevant but two friends of mine told me today they have had their demands to pay their annual social charges which is normally 8% of their declared income which as inactives are their pensions. They pay this every year, one has been here 3 years and the other coming up to 5 years.

It just seemed odd that if they are going to be thrown out on the 31st April then why are they being asked to pay for a whole year and if they are thrown out of the system will they get a pro-rata refund? Alternatively will they continue to have CPAM as they have in the past?

Quillan - this does not sound right - I think you must mean their annual CSG charge, the bills for which were sent out in the last week.  Our CMU charges are not an annual payment but come in 3 or 4 tranches, can't remember which without checking.  We will undoubtedly all have to continue paying the CSG charges even if thrown out of CMU!!

Perhaps the OP badly worded the question.

In early October one receives a notification from CPAM/URSSAF the amount of cotisations due for CMU cover for the following year.This is then split into 4 payments the first due end of December.

The notification is presumably what the OP refers to and someone on another forum received this notification followed a few days later by a letter telling them that their CMU cover was being withdrawn

In the aforementioned case by the OP presumably already affiliated to CMU they will pay  by 31st December then 31st March(which is the cut off date) and will then have to find private medical assurance

They will only have paid 2 parts of the yearly cotisation so no refund due

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

Perhaps the OP badly worded the question.

In early October one receives a notification from CPAM/URSSAF the amount of cotisations due for CMU cover for the following year.This is then split into 4 payments the first due end of December.

The notification is presumably what the OP refers to and someone on another forum received this notification followed a few days later by a letter telling them that their CMU cover was being withdrawn

In the aforementioned case by the OP presumably already affiliated to CMU they will pay  by 31st December then 31st March(which is the cut off date) and will then have to find private medical assurance

They will only have paid 2 parts of the yearly cotisation so no refund due

[/quote]

That's probably correct. I pay my cotisations a different way so I wouldn't know the exact ins and outs of it all in this particular scenario. I was just repeating what they told me. Paying by installments as described seems logical.

The many of the Social Charges bills went

out/arrived last week. The CSG is 8.2% (thought other elements such

as CRDS and Prel Soc et cont solidaritie add another 2.8%). If they

have received demands to pay their social charges (Contributions

Sociales) then it will be this bill and nought to do with the CMU.

Ian

[quote user="Deimos"]

The many of the Social Charges bills went out/arrived last week. The CSG is 8.2% (thought other elements such as CRDS and Prel Soc et cont solidaritie add another 2.8%). If they have received demands to pay their social charges (Contributions Sociales) then it will be this bill and nought to do with the CMU.

Ian

[/quote]

That would make it 11% and they definatly said it was 8% so they wouldn't be the same would they ?

The bill shows the seperate bits asn the CSG is shown explicitly as 8.2% (rounded to 8%)  This might be where they are getting muddled-up.  Social charges are very different to the CMU charges.

(Must rush - if my tone seems "abrupt" sorry but I'm due out and late).

Ian