Letter advising termination of E106

I am posting this for information although I think that I have read of someone else receiving such a letter I can't find in now amongst all the postings.  Edit, sorry I have found that this info has already been posted, however any feed back yet from the CPAM for anyone?

The letter, from CPAM, informs us that our E106 ends in January and "pour nous permettre de continuer a assurer votre protection sociale. veuillez demander la prolongation de votre formulaire E106 a votre caisse anglaise".  I know that a letter of refusal from Newcastle has always been necessary before being apply to apply for affiliation to the CMU. 

It goes on to say if an extension is refused we should send this refusal letter to the CPAM and we have the following options: "Dependre du Regime general, si vous avez une activite en France", get an E121 if you are in receipt of govt pension, or if the above don't apply complete the attached questionnaire and return it to CPAM together with CV "pour regulariser de votre dossier"

The questionnaire is asking if we are in receipt of RMI, allowance from ASSEDIC, are we salaried or running gites/bed & breakfast.  As these do not apply to us I am considering doing nothing at the moment as I do not want to part with my CV until absolutely necessary.

Has anyone else received/returned such a questionnaire?  If so could you tell me what, if any, response you had from the CPAM.

Thanks, Hester.

This questionaire has been sent out to most people I believe.

I think it is to ensure that you are not entitled to register for CMU,then again it may be an anti fraud measure  .

ie  If you are getting RMI then you get CMU.

By doing nothing you will be out of health care when your E106 runs out and your Carte Vitale probably will not work.

I have also recently received a letter from CPAM asking for a copy of my E106 valid from Jan 2007. I think this came about following a visit to my Doctor and then to a Clinic and whereby a claim for reimbursement was submitted via my Carte Vitale, which worked ok.

I called the English speaking CPAM line and explained that in fact my E106 expired at the end of Dec 2005 and I had already sought an extension (at their request) and was refused (and had sent them a copy of the refusal in French).  Following many visits and letters to the local office, we thought that we were now in the system. The English speaking CPAM line called my local CPAM office and have just called me back to inform me that my husband and I are no longer in the system and therefore we will need to find private health insurance with immediate effect.  We now feel that we will have to yet again visit our local office to find out exactly what is going on. 

Unfortunately, I feel this is the beginning of the end!!!!

[quote user="Hester2"]

Has anyone else received/returned such a questionnaire?  If so could you tell me what, if any, response you had from the CPAM.

Thanks, Hester.

[/quote]

I would suggest you fill it in and send it , as I have done then we can compare replays .

(for info , my answers all non and I kept hold of my CV)

[quote user="Loirette"]

I have also recently received a letter from CPAM asking for a copy of my E106 valid from Jan 2007. I think this came about following a visit to my Doctor and then to a Clinic and whereby a claim for reimbursement was submitted via my Carte Vitale, which worked ok.

I called the English speaking CPAM line and explained that in fact my E106 expired at the end of Dec 2005 and I had already sought an extension (at their request) and was refused (and had sent them a copy of the refusal in French).  Following many visits and letters to the local office, we thought that we were now in the system. The English speaking CPAM line called my local CPAM office and have just called me back to inform me that my husband and I are no longer in the system and therefore we will need to find private health insurance with immediate effect.  We now feel that we will have to yet again visit our local office to find out exactly what is going on. 

Unfortunately, I feel this is the beginning of the end!!!!

[/quote]

Have you been paying anything to anyone during the last 12 months?

Also bear in mind that the members of this forum (if it is all true) probably know more about what's going on than someone working in your local CPAM office who is still waiting to be told of their Government's lastest directive.

Yes it is all true!  We have paid money to URSSAF but was then sent a refund some time later.  When we questioned this we were told not to worry and that we would receive another charge at a later date, which we are still waiting for.  This may appear 'naive' on our part, but believe you me we have visisted the CPAM office which is a 70 mile round trip, sent letters and have made numerous phone calls! We have made a real effort.

I think that the situation you now find yourself in has nothing to do with the present health care problem but has everything to do with an administrative mistake/bungle between you and URSSAF.

You won't know until you visit them but I hope you've kept all the paperwork and copious notes about when you were told that you'd receive another charge later.

Best of luck.

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

ie  If you are getting RMI then you get CMU.[/quote]

Do you think that this will stay the same?  Do you think that if anyone on a low income applied for RMI they would then be able to affiliate to CMU?  Hester.

The same law that closed off access to the CMU by requiring private insurance, also introduced a minimum income requirement.

The minimum is set so that, if you have the required income then you  are automatically too rich to qualify for the RMI.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

The same law that closed off access to the CMU by requiring private insurance, also introduced a minimum income requirement. [/quote]

A minimum income for what?  For new comers to France? Is this the required income that you have mentioned? There must be people already claiming RMI who have been living here a while and some who perhaps have more than the minimum income at the moment but may in the future  need to seek help via RMI.   Regards,Hester.

• 2 weeks later...