We sold our council flat last year and bouhght bought our house last February.

The main reason was that we could get free health cover, but we didn't register before.

Does this mean we can't get it?

We don't want to work if we don't have to, as we have a few quid stashed away from the sale..

Rhondda, with so little information, it's difficult to give you a proper reply.  Nobody in France in your circumstances gets free health care, you must have either an E106 or an E121 if you're not working and then you would need top up insurance.  Even if you're unwell already and have a long existing condition, you will still need top up insurance for the conditions not covered 100%, dental treatment etc etc.

Presumably, you'll be registering for income tax in France and declaring the interest etc on your 'stash'?

Very reasonable response Tony.

Before everyone storms in with replies as to exactly how this may be "unfair", can I just remind you all that this is Rhondda's very first post, and she may have no idea just how provocative a post like this can be.

It doesn't necessarily mean that she is a troll.

Rhonnda, I would advise you to read this http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1035025/ShowPost.aspx  which explains who is entitled to free healthcare in France.  You could then catch up on developments here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1107017/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]Youy're right of course Debbie but surely this is the sort of thing (E forms) that you get sorted in advance of coming, not 9 months later?[/quote]It's not uncommon though!  (And I'm not a Debbie, btw!- that really does make me sound like a hairdresser....)

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]Youy're right of course Debbie but surely this is the sort of thing (E forms) that you get sorted in advance of coming, not 9 months later?[/quote]It's not uncommon though!  (And I'm not a Debbie, btw!- that really does make me sound like a hairdresser....)[/quote]

When I read what you had been called it made me cringe, I too am a Deborah, Debbie makes me feel about 5 years old [:'(]

[quote user="Rhondda"]We sold our council flat last year and bouhght bought our house last February.
The main reason was that we could get free health cover, but we didn't register before.
Does this mean we can't get it?
We don't want to work if we don't have to, as we have a few quid stashed away from the sale..
[/quote]

RHONDDA

My advice to you would be to post this again before noon on 1st April of any year you choose[:D]