Long term lets to French people working locally

Suandpete

We have had our gite for 4 years and up until now everyone renting it has either been from the UK or French people just wanting to rent for a short period.  However we have suddenly begun receiving enquiries from people who are employed locally wanting to rent it for several months. 

I am aware that if the period of stay goes past October there are different regulations - we cannot evict people during the winter etc.  However, can anyone point me in the direction of some standard French terms and conditions for letting furnished property for a period of several months?

My main concern would be the compulsory checks:

Les

documents à annexer au bail

Un

dossier de diagnostic technique

Il comprend :
  • le

diagnostic de performance énergétique (à

compter du 1.7.07) ;
  • le

constat de risque d'exposition au plomb (à compter du 12.8.08)

;
  • un

état des risques, dans les zones couvertes par un plan

de prévention des risques technologiques ou naturels et

dans les zones de sismicité (renseignements auprès

de l'ADIL).

Medium term!    We can't do long term cos we have bookings from next March onwards.  However as far as we have been concerned up until now 3 or 4 months was long term!  I do realise that it isn't - however it is very different to the way we normally let the gite - hence the enquiry.

We have been thinking this over extremely seriously - and given that we already have a booking for next March (ie during the period when people can't be evicted) we have decided that we won't do any lets for people working - just carry on with the way we have been doing it up until now: holidays, house hunting etc.

Many thanks for your help.