E.121?

Gastines

Although I have the E121,actually CPAM have it,I can't remember exactly how it arrived. Perhaps S.D. can put me right?As my wife is just about to reach a certain age,I'm not sure if it came automatically with pension paperwork or if I had to apply to one of the many UK Gov addresses in my file.Help requested,please.

Regards.

I would never rely on anything being automatic with UK civil servants!  You should apply in the first instance to:

Department for Work and Pensions
The Pension Service
International Pension Centre
Tyneview Park
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1BA
Phone: 0191 21 87777 

A nudge in this direction can't do you any harm.

[quote user="Weegie"]MOH, who reaches that age in a couple of weeks, had her E121 sent automatically with her letter notifiying her of her amount of pension.

She received it mid-January.  She has been an "ayant droit" on my E121.

If this helps.
[/quote]

Same here,  O/H got the E121 with pension notification although I was originally not included on it as "family",  this has now been corrected and we are out of the CMU base w/e from last year. 

Just a note for any ladies aged 60 who have been refused a pension  on the basis of paying a B stamp.  If you ever paid an A stamp and took time off to have babies, ask for a pension quote  NOW.  If you are told you have no entitlement as my OH was, appeal and take it as far as you can.  You may find to your surprise as we were, that you are actually entitled to a pension, but no matter how small it is, it does entitle you and O/H to that E121 which in these difficult financial times is worth its weight in gold.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

If you are told you have no entitlement as my OH was, appeal and take it as far as you can.  You may find to your surprise as we were, that you are actually entitled to a pension, but no matter how small it is, it does entitle you and O/H to that E121 which in these difficult financial times is worth its weight in gold.

[/quote]

Oh to have that chance, who exactly does one appeal to? [:(]

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

If you are told you have no entitlement as my OH was, appeal and take it as far as you can.  You may find to your surprise as we were, that you are actually entitled to a pension, but no matter how small it is, it does entitle you and O/H to that E121 which in these difficult financial times is worth its weight in gold.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You appeal to the DWP who sent out the letter telling yoiu that you were not entitled to a pension.  You have to give a lot of information including your entire employment history, dates, addresses etc, should not be too hard, unless you have had hundreds of jobs or cannot find your NI number.[Www],

[quote user="Ron Avery"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You appeal to the DWP who sent out the letter telling yoiu that you were not entitled to a pension.  You have to give a lot of information including your entire employment history, dates, addresses etc, should not be too hard, unless you have had hundreds of jobs or cannot find your NI number.[Www],

[/quote]

Aye, there's the rub !!!!!!!