Delay receiving the new carte Vitale

kelly

Has anybody got a problem getting the form for the new Carte Vitale, it's happened since we received our E121 when my husband reached 65.  They took our old cards and said they would be sending the formulaire later, that was nearly a year ago.   

I've been to the local CPAM office and also telephoned the English helpline numerous times,  I am just coming up against a brick wall, they keep saying it's a technical problem.  It also seems to be causing problem with the participation forfaitaire.   

Our main office is in Limoges, so I would be particularly interested about anybody who has had dealings with them.

It's not a competition I know, but we registered a microenterprise in October 2007 and we're still waiting for Cartes Vitale [:(]. We've been into mutiple offices and spoken to people, who verify that we're in the system (we do have paper attestations), but that they're waiting for a permanent social security number from Paris before they will issue one for "him indoors", then they'll get round to me I suppose. We're placing bets on how long it's all going to take - but we have to keep putting back the deadline! French burocracy (? spelling) never ceases to amaze me, especially when it works properly! [:D]

FairyNuff

Hi Kelly, I did not know there was an English Help Line fro Cpam.  Would you be able to give it to me, as like you, I am waiting for mine to come through, and have to keep dragging a more fluent speaking  friend down to our local office, for an update.  Would certinally save the frequent trips.  Thanks in advance

It's not really a big deal whether you have a carte vitale or not. As long as you have a social security number (a temporary one will do just as well) you fill in and send your feuilles de soins to your local CPAM office and the standard reimbursement will be made to your nominated bank account. If you have a business then you don't send the sheets to CPAM, but to your primary health assurance provider.

Always take a copy of any document you send away, and if claiming for medicines or tests then some offices ask for a copy of the prescription as well. The cards merely make the process a bit easier and quicker, the result is the same whether or not you use a carte vitale.

Just to add to Will's point....

For the last 18 months or so, they have been changing over the whole of France to the photocarte vitale system, so I expect that may account for some element of the delay.  That said, when we handed in Mrs Sunday's nice new E121 together with our existing cards, she got her new attestation within three days and her application form for her new photocarte within a couple of weeks.  In my case, as her new 'ayant droit' (or as she puts it - her new body slave), I had to wait a whole month....[;-)]

The phone number for the English helpline is 0811 363646, Mon to Fri 9am to 6 PM. 

I understand what you are saying about not really needing the Carte Vitale, but since we had to give our old card in, because of a change of the Securite Sociale number, they have made numerous mistakes.  Also, because now of our situation we do use the health services a lot.  We have just received our statement from the CPAM for the first 3 months of the year, it ran to 7 sheets, printed each side. 

I am also asked continually, from the Doctor, the chemist, the nurse and the physio, if we have heard anything.  Our doctor has also said that we are the only people he knows with this problem. 

I just need more information.  We have actually lived here for 13 happy years with no problem before this.

From the days of the great CMU kick out, and unless its changed in the meantime I think the English speaking help line is operated by one department's CPAM in Britanny or Normandy and can only assist with specifics relating to that department. They can give general advice on rules but not cases outside of their area.  I know people who have arranged to phoned them from their CPAMs to assist in translation and interpretation issues but unless you are in their area, they will not be able to tell you when your CV is coming in other cepartments.

[quote user="Will"]

It's not really a big deal whether you have a carte vitale or not.

[/quote]

Until you have paid out quite a lot and are waiting for reimbursement.  [:D]

The last time I was in our CPAM office their was a notice in the reception area advising that automated (i e carte vitale based) payments were taking 8 (working?) days and non-automated payments were taking 22 days.

We are currently waiting for payments amounting to € 170 of which about half is over six weeks old and we actually have carte vitales but weren't able to use them for these payments.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not getting my original question answered, is there anybody who has received the form for the new carte vitale from the CPAM at limoges. 

I understand the points that you are making about it really not being needed.  But in our particular circumstances it would make things a lot easier.  Since my husband became disabled in 2006 and is still in a wheelchair after spending nearly a year in hospital, I probably know more about the health system than most people. 

I will be going to the local CPAM office soon, yet again, the last time I went I was told the form would be sent in about 3 weeks, that was in January, but there is a problem with the computer system, which is the same answer I got from the English Helpline, and the Assistant Sociales, who asked for me last year.  I just can't see them having a problem for nearly a year.   

I seem to recall that Limoges were one of the CPAMs which were slow in getting things moving following the reinstatement of people formerly excluded from CMU.

The ameli.fr website (select the Limoges caisse) has links to their Service Quality Statement as well as an interesting customer satisfaction survey (2007).  Of the items categorised as requiring action for improvement, delays experienced in receiving new or replacement carte vitales had one of the highest dissatisfaction ratings.

Waiting for a year is clearly unacceptable and if it were me, I'd be writing to Paul Orliac, Directeur de la Caisse Primaire d'Assurance Maladie de la Haute-Vienne asking him to justify such a delay.  Under the Charte Marianne, he is required by law to respond to your letter within fifteen days.

If his response is anything less than positive, then send a copy of it to Roselyn Bachelot-Narquin...............[;-)]

Hi Sunday driver,

We have been waiting for our carte vitale for 15 months now in the loire atlantique. I cannot remember the amount of phone calls etc not just from us but out local pharmacie. They give my wife stick about the fact that all she has is a attestation piece of paper and now the doctors moaning about it.

We were originaly with CPAM and then found out we were with the wrong caisse so had to hand our carte vitale back to cpam. We then went with CAMO 'RSI' and have had this problem ever since. The latest reason why we have not had it after being told the paperwork was on its way the last three times was that they have been witing for us to send our carte vitale back to them!! It was not theres in the first place. Any idea with who to write to in dept 44 Loire Atlantique as I think they are just taking the p**s now.

Thanks