Groupama

dragonrouge

Unfortunately my wife has fallen and broken her ankle and is in a cast until mid May.  It indeed is the good ankle that has been broken and thus the pressure is now on the rheumatoid affected other ankle.  It is madness here and we are just about keeping our heads above water.

The Doctor has given us a prescription for a wheelchair and the like and we have someone from the village coming in to help out.  However we need someone to help with basics such as washing and ironing for this guy is let us say a little lost.

Our ~Groupama policy has a provision for 30 hours aide domicile.  Does this mean please that we can use the facility for such help.  We have in the village an organisation called ADMR which seems to be set up to help people in their own homes.  Am I correct here and if so do we need an ordanance from the Doctor or can we approach them direct please.

thanks

[quote user="dragonrouge"]

Unfortunately my wife has fallen and broken her ankle and is in a cast until mid May.  It indeed is the good ankle that has been broken and thus the pressure is now on the rheumatoid affected other ankle.  It is madness here and we are just about keeping our heads above water.

The Doctor has given us a prescription for a wheelchair and the like and we have someone from the village coming in to help out.  However we need someone to help with basics such as washing and ironing for this guy is let us say a little lost.

Our ~Groupama policy has a provision for 30 hours aide domicile.  Does this mean please that we can use the facility for such help.  We have in the village an organisation called ADMR which seems to be set up to help people in their own homes.  Am I correct here and if so do we need an ordanance from the Doctor or can we approach them direct please.

thanks

[/quote]

Hi,

You should speak to the Doctor and to the insurance co.

Similar situation when my wife broke her ankle in that car accident last year.  The hospital told us we could get home help through our mutuelle, so I rang Groupama.  They agreed immediately and gave me the details and phone number of our local organisation.  I rang them and they organised a very nice lady to come in twice a week to do the necessary.

How wonderfully French!  In spite of the guy being fit and well and at home ( I realise, not the case with you, S/D) one can get help if the woman is laid up.[:D]

Serious now.  As you know, I've been in hospital/re-education since August last year.  Do you think I could get some home help for the o/h, even though I'm not actually living at home, except at weekends?

I don't think that complementaire assistance for dependents of the insured is gender specific. As far as I know it covers dependents of any age or sex.  I can't be of specific help as happily(!) I haven't needed it.

If nothing else, there is the La Poste Genius service for domestic help.

Best wishes Dragonrouge.

A big thank you to everyone.  Unfortunately my wife has suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over thirty two years and this has let us say had an affect on hands and the like.  Then the break and a whole host of other problems then it is difficult.  But there are lots of people out there very worst off than us so we are grateful for what is looking like a very lovely day  here in the Vendee.

L'Ame, I was joking.  But it was a serious question - however, I will ask the insurance company if nobody knows.

Dragonrouge, all the best to the two of you.  My father suffered terribly with arthritis in his hands - sometimes he would ring me at 3 in the morning just to chat, as he was in so much pain and so stressed and frustrated at what he couldn't do.  But you are right in what you say - there is always somebody worse off than you.  I share a dinner table with a tetraplaegic (sp?) of around my age whose parachute failed to open when he was doing a charity jump - he cannot even feed himself; a girl of 20 who has broken her back and will never walk again; and a woman a little younger than me who is wheelchair bound after a car accident 5 years ago when she met a herd of wild boar on a back road one night, and who has MS to boot.  None of these people ever mentions their state of health nor ever bemoans their fate.  Compared to them there is virtually nothing wrong with me.

Bon courage.