Scintigraphie

Sunday Driver

Seeing as medical threads seem to be all the rage at the moment.....

My cardio has organised for me to have an 'epreuve d'effort' involving a scintigraphie myocardique which will be carried out at our local Centre d'Imagerie Radio Isotopique.  It seems they plan to inject me with a load of megatrons, stick me on a treadmill for half an hour then load me into some sort of nuclear gadget, pull the rods and watch me glow....[:-))]

I'll be there most of the day with lots of hanging around between sessions, so I plan to borrow Mrs Sunday's Kindle to keep me occupied. The question is, as I'll be a bit radioactive (if I need a pee, I'm only allowed to use a special 'hot' loo at the clinic) will this have any effect on the Kindle?  I'd be a dead man if I handed it back to her wiped clean......

I had one of these a while back...it's true that you spend a long time hanging around, and I advise to drink lots of water after to flush out your kidneys.

I have also had a couple of PET scans which are similar, and there the staff will not come to close to you once you have been injected. You are only slightly radio active, but they are in contact with this every day, so risk exposure over time.

Good luck. My cardio one was fine, though I couldn't keep up on the treadmill at the end [:)]

Unless you have bought books from another source, all your Kindle archive is available on your pc so you can get all your purchases back if they get wiped.  If you have an Android phone or tablet you can download a Kindle ap and get all the books /magazines/newspapers you have on your Kindle that way too.

Deb, how are you?  Are the android tablets good.  I was wondering about whether to get one when I have my boob op done, would be less heavy than some of the magazines and also less heavy than my laptop to use.  What do you think?

best wishes

Sue

x