Employment and Support Allowance ending.

sueyh

Could I please ask the advice of you lovely people? We have lived in France for nine years. When we arrived aged 51 (hubby) and 47 (me), hubby was on incapacity benefit, therefore we arrived on an E121, this subsequently changed last year to Employment and Support Allowance. Original E121 was due to work related depression for which he continues to take medication. He now also has an ALD 100% due to type 2 diabetes. We've received a letter today informing us this will stop in February. Hubby is on a police Pension and due to age I do not have any income.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Suey

Is this a problem, as you have lived in France long enough to get french health cover.

OR were you getting some sort of extra income too, that, if finished, would be a problem????

I currently have problems with the DWP, I don't think some staff know their coudre from their culs!

Not receiving any money, they were technically paying his national insurance but as that was paid up they paid nothing, he was just on the benefit in name only. This meant he qualified for S1. He has been medically assessed twice in France.

As your S1 has expired, you need to move from the UK paying for your health cover, to paying your own contributions. The way of doing this is to apply for what was formerly known as CMU base, which seems to have been replaced by a new system and form. Either way, you will still be affiliated to CPAM but will pay your own contributions based on your income. I am sure if you go to the CPAM and ask for CMU-B, they will point you in the direction of the latest application forms if you are at all unsure.

• 2 weeks later...