Mes Droits Assurance Maladie - Letter from email from CPAM

Doodle

Hi all, I'm slightly perturbed with this as we haven't had to do one for a couple of years - has anyone else received one of these - what's it all about - no don't tell me it's to do with Brexit please! As always thanks in advance. Mrs KG.

Received an email today from Amelie ' Ce document vous concerne personnellement, ne tardez pas à le consulter.' So I logged in to find a letter stating:

Vous beneficiez de la prise en charge de vos depenses de sante en votre qualite d'inactifs communautaires. Merci de nous adresser (vous pouvez egalement nous contacter par telephone pour convenir d'un rendez-vous.

(There is a lot more info and the form to complete)

Le questionnaire ci-joint integralement complete, date et signe.

In addition it says if we have been living in france for more than 5 years they want to see the last 5 tax notices, last 5 habitation & fonciere notices etc etc.

Le statut de resident permanent s'acquiert apres 5 annees de residence effective en France et si il est avere vous ne releveriez plus de la legislation des inactifs communautaires. - (what does this mean?)

and then end it by saying 'pensez a la faire rapidement, votre situation pourra ansi etre examinee dans la meilleurs delais.

"Le statut de resident permanent s'acquiert apres 5 annees de residence

effective en France et si il est avere vous ne releveriez plus de la

legislation des inactifs communautaires."

Means that after 5 years of residence in France you no longer come into the category of inactive citizens of a members state of the EU.

This is good news since it means that as long as you can show the documents provided you have the right to residence and health cover whether or not Brexit happens.

Who will pay for the care is of course in Mrs May's hands...

Just a quick reaction- it looks as if they want you to join the french system - ?PUMA? , which would mean more income for them if your income is high enough.
That's what we would have done if we had stayed.

According to the letter the OP is already covered by PUMA.

Sounds like they are simply clarifying the OP's status. At present they are covered as EU inactif residents, so CPAM need to either confirm that their circumstances are unchanged and cover should continue on that basis, or whether circumstances have changed since last time they checked. It's normal, everyone's route to healthcare depends on their status in France therefore CPAM needs to know your status otherwise they don't know how to process you. And people's status can change from one year to the next, hence need to fill in a new form. Nothing to worry about and nothing to do with Brexit.

We received a similarish letter earlier this year .. though ours was short .. saying what category they believed we were in now, followed by a few questions for us to answer to say if nothing had changed or smthg had changed ie we had started working ?

As ET says it is to put you in a category so they know how to label you .. over the years we have moved from paying into the system as inactifs to non-contributing S1 holding retraités.

Thanks for the info Norman. We can show the documents as we have been doing so since 2007. The last time we received what was a yearly request was 2016! Nothing's changed with our situation. Fortunately in the last couple of days I've been gathering & scanning all our documents from 2012 ready for applying for a TdS permanent. I'm now wondering if the TdS is worth the bother if the health situation proves the right to residence.

Thanks Patf, we are in the system and have been paying our dues to URSSAF since 2007. I can only think that they must think that our situation has changed. It has but only in that I received my company pension last year. We don't collect the UK OAP for around another 15 months.

Thanks EuroTrash, I don't why but when anything official arrives I automatically go into panic mode (did in the UK). I wondered about the Brexit bit cos of the bit below and the 5 year bit which hasn't been on previous letters but you are right I should stop worrying about it! 3 beers and a large bag of crisps did the trick last night! Mrs KG

"JE M'INFORME SUR MES DROITS : le Centre des Liaisons Européennes et Internationales de Sécurité Sociale (CLEISS) m'aide à comprendre ma situation au regard des législations française et étrangère et des accords internationaux de sécurité sociale. Je consulte son site sur www.cleiss.fr "

and last but never least thanks Suein56! Looking forward to getting the S1 Jan 2020 (hopefully we will) if only for less paperwork at this end. I've only just got over myself having to do the tax return on line! I said to hubby last night I'm convinced that France will be the death of me hence the reason for 3 beers and a packet of crisps please! (or was that 2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps please!) I'm losing the plot!!!

Mrs KG