More bureaucratic cra*

Lori

You can't make this stuff up.  The most basic of things has to be made near impossible.

Delays and delays and delays.  Yet, they say there will not be a shortage of vaccines and they set up these dates to take RDV's.  Yet, according to this article, those RDV's had to be cancelled.  Why??  No vaccines to be had.

And what is this ridiculous notion that employees cannot be seen by other employees getting the vaccine due to privacy issues !  Stupid is too nice a word.

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/peu-de-doses-disponibles-et-des-delais-la-vaccination-anti-covid-en-entreprise-a-demarre-au-ralenti_AD-202102270031.html

You could be right.  I do recall reading something along those lines.  But, what does that really mean?  To me, that they have little to no vaccines in hand. 

And, the promises of future deliveries seem to get delayed and delayed and delayed. 

This problem they spoke of at the plant in Belgium.  Is that the ONLY place we can get vaccines from?  And I thought there was going to be some sort of investigation into what the manufacturing delay/problem at that plant actually was.  Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't heard a word to answer that question.

[quote user="Lori"]
You could be right.  I do recall reading something along those lines.  But, what does that really mean?  To me, that they have little to no vaccines in hand. 

And, the promises of future deliveries seem to get delayed and delayed and delayed. 

This problem they spoke of at the plant in Belgium.  Is that the ONLY place we can get vaccines from?  And I thought there was going to be some sort of investigation into what the manufacturing delay/problem at that plant actually was.  Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't heard a word to answer that question.

[/quote]

Delays could be caused by any number of factors: the batches werent good, electricity cuts, no bottles, strikes, difficulty moving vaccine from one plant to another, upgrading to produce more...... the list goes on.

[quote user="Lori"]

[/quote]

Lori, I have spoken about the J & J vaccine on other threads but I am posting this here for you

[url]https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/covid-le-vaccin-johnson-johnson-devrait-etre-approuve-par-l-europe-dans-les-prochains-jours-1464546.php[/url]

DELAY?  Yes, that is the operative word.  Vaccine approved at the beginning of March but delays will mean roll-out will be end of March or beginning of April.  I reckon that that will be end of May then?[:-))]

Thanks Mint, I did see that.  Based on the fiasco we've seen so far, I figure end of May for the J&J arrival is highly doubtful.  Even if it does arrive (and I hope it does), if they can't roll out more than 100,000 doses for the entire EU, it will take a lot longer than end of May to get things moving. 

And, if the EU can't figure out how to use the vaccinations they have or get, then it will be a lot longer than that...

Sorry, fed up.

[quote user="anotherbanana"]Astra Zeneca should be available now. Definitely appointments being made when I was at the docs. this week, but at say four jabs an hour.... f****** hopeless.[/quote]

Wools, Astra Zeneca is only, for now, for professionals and soignants of 50 to 64 with co-morbidities.  So none for you, Wooly[:P]  No, I'm not mocking you, none for me either![:'(]

What a miserable situation!

I have to say that I am surprised because, based on personal experience, the French heath service is generally far better than the British NHS.

I am assuming that they have messed up the vaccinations due to centralisation, ie central government trying to run it and failing ( as usual).

if they can secure enough vaccine and get it out to the pharmacies and local hospitals then hopefully things will improve rapidly.

The people on the ground are there, it is the EU and high level bureaucracy which have bu**ered it all up. But, is is thawing fast as they have finally understood that they can only control the virus if everyone has the jab. And that Macron will be shunted off his throne if he doesnt get it right.

But they may target the vaccine on the worst hit areas as they are doing here at least initially.