only bbc 1 and 2

We had a box and dish installed last year but only receive BBC television and radio programs. At first, it was only the radio we were interested in but now are wishing we could get ITV. I'm not sure if that is possible as there isn't any place to put a card. Do we have to buy a different box and start again? My other half misses watching the Grand Prix and they start again next weekend!!

we have sky in the uk but intend to bring the box with us when we come out. I was intending to end my subsciptions with sky ie £35 month and just recieve the free channels but what will i get??? will be gutted if i cannot watch the grand prix must have itv help

dave

Hi cancel your sky in the uk ask for the free to view card £20 (make up something like you can,t afford it anymore) sky send you card you move to france with sky digibox and new card you get all bbc channels itv1 channel 4 channel 5 itv 2/3 it is that simple...

[quote]we have sky in the uk but intend to bring the box with us when we come out. I was intending to end my subsciptions with sky ie £35 month and just recieve the free channels but what will i get??? will ...[/quote]

No need to replace your card as it will still allow you to watch Free to View channels including ITV, Channel 4 and 5 even after Sky have stopped your subscription channels. Also all FTA BBC channels will work as no card is required.

Baz

how can you watch itv1 for free  ?

Because Sky rarely recover their card, and a card with no subscription being paid is as good as a Freeview Card, until they do an card reissue. In which case a lapsed Sky  card would be dead, but within the life of the Freeview Sub you would be issued a new card.

With a respectful nod at Mazan who I know hates (rightly) speculation,  in answer to the original question I would do nothing for the moment.   ITV and Sky are squabbling at the moment,  with Ofcom struggling to arbitrate.   There is a good body of opinion (and I know,  it is just that) who read the eventual outcome as being that ITV will follow the BBC's lead and shed the encryption shackles of Sky and go free to air.   We should know one way or the other in the next couple of months.

Isn't the Grand Prix on TF1 anyway?

So you would be kicking yourself if you went through all the Sky hoops just in time for it all to be unnecessary.

[quote]BAZ sorry but if you cancel sky how can you watch itv1 for free at the moment its not possible.ITV are still sorting problems they have with sky so at the mo itv needs a subscription to sky...For more...[/quote]

Tony, I think by now from other contributes responses you will realise that my comments are correct. If you have any doubts, you referred to Digitalspy. If you look at question 14  it confirms the use of FTV using a cancelled Sky card which means ITV is viewable.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=169547

Baz

[quote]Hi the only channels you can get with your sat box are all the bbc channels bbc1/2 etc plus itv3 at the moment.[/quote]

Sky will provide a Free to View card at a cost of £20 which will enable you to view all the BBC and ITV Channels.  You will need a sky digibox and a UK address to have the card delivered to.  As usual with Sky do not telephone from France or indicate that the card will be used outside the UK.

CHRIS